Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Wrong. It's illegal to hoarde more than 3 days of food and water IN A STATE OF EMERGENCY. It is also not a felony but a misdemeanor as described in the FEMA mandates.

Read up on what you talk about Tard.

Mike

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
So, what's in my pantry is rather normal. The rest, about a 2 year supply for half dozen people, can be transported, hidden and buried.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Our supply isn't a felony right now. I will worry about the problem if and when the problem becomes real.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Well in my country, if you live in a rural area, you start off with a minimum of an extra months food on the shelf in case of inclement weather. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Like erica says, if and when it becomes a problem, then you worry about it. Thats why there are so many books out on cacheing techniques.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
223 fan said:
ya know. :)By legal definition, what's in your PANTRY constitutes a felony.
cite the autority on this. What is the statute?

Or are you just giving half information because: you don'ty really know, or you're not telling everything because your point is wrong.

(BTW, we already know you are FOS again.)

Drama from the drama queen.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Look at the AWB. If you have a pre-ban mag it's legal. If BEFORE the emergency you had quite abit of food, I can't see it being illegal. It's hording AFTER the emergency starts. Many a religious institution, like the Mormons, insist on having a years supply of food.

gunkid's wrong again.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Actually there's executive orders, that in case of an emergency declare by the government, the government has given itself permission to order you to surrender to the government all stored food, fuel, etc.

FEDERAL EXECUTIVE ORDERS

10995 Seizure of all print and electronic media in the United States

10997 Seizure of all electric power, fuels, and minerals, public and private

10998 Seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private, including farms and equipment.

10999 Seizure of all means of transportation, including cars, trucks or any other vehicles, including control over highways, harbors, and waterways.

11000 Seizure of all American people for work forces under federal supervision; it allows the government to split up families if they believe that it is necessary.

11001 Seizure of all health, education, and welfare facilities, public and private.

11002 Registration by the Postmaster General of all men, women, and children for government service.

11003 Seizure of all airports and aircraft.

11004 Seizure of all housing and finance authorities; authority to establish forced relocation, designate areas that must be abandoned as 'unsafe'. Establishment of new locations for population groups, building of new housing on public land.

11005 Seizure of all railroads, inland waterways, and storage warehouses, public and private.

11051 Authorize the Office of Emergency Planning to put the above orders into effect in times of increased international tension or financial crisis.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I think I'll hide what I can, carry out (by whatever means) what I can, and they can get the rest after the "fire sale". . .

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
And notice the 'seizure' orders are not penalties. They have to find them first.

Realisticly, I can see if the 'enemy is at the gates' they would need all the weapons, fuel, food, etc... they could get in order to stop an invasion. But even in WW2, nothing like that happened. We did have rationing, including sugar and gasoline. But it would take the Chineese Army invaiding California or a REAL nucular war (Russia and U.S. nucular exchange) to get that bad.

I'm not worried.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Heck, if the American government did start confiscating everyone's selected private possessions, then not only would they have the original emergency to deal with, but they would have a combative, highly aggitated local population to deal with as well. The only way that would work is if the need were recognized and concurred with by the population in general. Otherwise the goverment would quickly find itself between a rock and a hard place.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Concerning the legality of "hoarding". Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that even in peacetime, more than two week's supplies would be technically illegal. Anyone have a line on this? I'm talking non-emergency times.

Not that there's going to be house-to house searches looking for full pantries anytime soon. . .

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
"I've read that even in peacetime, more than two week's supplies would be technically illegal."

I hope somebody can dig up a line on this. I was under the impression that it was just when the executive orders were activated.

Along the same line, wonder how meny of the food stores, Costcos and Sams Clubs with the member cards are keeping tabs on our purchases.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Actually Teuf, the quote you attribute to me belongs to Magnum. I was wondering where the idea originated.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
DJetAce said:
And notice the 'seizure' orders are not penalties.
Dude, this is the US FedGov we're talking about. They have the authority, on paper (via PATRIOT Act and a million other tidbits of legislation), that during an 'emergency' they can just put you up against a wall and summarily execute you, though they (military, 'federalized' local militia and/or sheriff's posse/mob) may bother with the pretense of a 5 minute military field tribunal first ("Major, do you think he's guilty?" "Yup, shoot'em.")

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Mike is right. Under those provisions the only right we will have is death ... which isn't such a bad end if you did something worth living for.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
RIKA, Teuf, like I said, I just read it, nothing to say the person commenting on it didn't take it wrong and leave out the part about it being in a declared emergency. This type of "oversight" happens a lot in the ranks of the "the sky is falling" 'net warriors.

BTW, my parents being Mormons, and knowing quite a few more, I don't think they give a rat's a$$ about being well stocked being legal or not, it's passed down from God as far as they're concerned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts