Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this week I got an email from a Match Director who is putting on a match this weekend about an hour, and 45 minutes from home. My wife who just got back from dealing with some aging parent issues decided to pass, so my back up shooting buddy decide to jump aboard.

We expected 5 stages and temperatures hovering around 50F. I guess the weather forecasted scared everyone off as only 10 shooters showed up. We were pleasantly surprised that by 10 am it was 62F. We shot the 5 stages and the match director canvassed everyone and half of us were planning on only making this a 1 day match. So he announced that he was going to add 3 more stages after lunch. Thank gawd for bringing twice the ammo I needed!

By 2 PM the temperature was up to 70F, with a light breeze. 8 stages later a good time was had by all. We packed up headed for home and this morning I got a face book message that I took 3rd place for the match. Now that's the way to finish off a year. By the way, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Sounds like fun, congrats.

I had to look up the Thanksgiving reference. I didn’t realize Canadian Thanksgiving was the second Monday in October. Have a good one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts