Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
other than with ambush conditions, braced firing position, using cover. him holding still, erect, fully exposed, with ear and eye protection, I've always been easily able to reliably hit a 12"x 18" mark under such conditions. All that's required is note card groups at 25m, That's easy, from sitting braced. There's no reason to attempt such accuracy from realistic combat positions, cause it's just going to happen. It's just a waste of ammo and range time. I"ve been able to do such things after not even touching a gun for years on end. That's how much taking a braced firing position gains you. Ditto having ear and eye protection. You'll flinch a LOT more without such gear and there's no reason to not have it, other than sheer laziness.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
other than with ambush conditions, braced firing position, using cover. him holding still, erect, fully exposed, with ear and eye protection, I've always been easily able to reliably hit a 12"x 18" mark under such conditions. All that's required is note card groups at 25m, That's easy, from sitting braced. There's no reason to attempt such accuracy from realistic combat positions, cause it's just going to happen. It's just a waste of ammo and range time. I"ve been able to do such things after not even touching a gun for years on end. That's how much taking a braced firing position gains you. Ditto having ear and eye protection. You'll flinch a LOT more without such gear and there's no reason to not have it, other than sheer laziness.
How's that Yeager response coming? If you made a mistake and misquoted him no big deal.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
It must suck not being able to shoot! Even with all the covid lockdowns, I was able to shoot 4 multi-day matches and at least 4 one day matches this year, in 3 gun & Cowboy Action. I have to admit, whether I like it or not , when I look at the score sheets at the end, my age is starting to reflect in my score.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The Flinch-A-Matic Projector at it again I see.🙄

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
What's with the "ambush" BS Melvin? Are you so lazy that this is the only way you can ensure your survival after a catastrophic event?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ahh, come on! Many's a Saturday afternoon we used to hit turkey, and even prairie dog metallic silhouette targets at 100 and 150 yards with our Smith & Wesson, and Ruger Blackhawk revolvers. More bullets hit than did not, too!

You know what it is; I used to own 3 of them. Loved 'um, loved 'um, loved 'um! Most perfect balance in the hand of any other handgun on the planet!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
We plinked at 100 yard silhouette cardboard targets with 2 inch S&W and Colt Revolvers using (Free) .38 wadcutter rounds. You could just about take a smoke break between the shot and the sound the bullet hitting the cardboard, but it was fairly easy after a few "Ranging" shots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts