Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of a 4 day weekend so I decided to go out and do some shooting. Sounds like a normal thing, yep. Just before I walked out the door I checked the weather forecast. 45 mph winds with gusts up to 60 mph, no problem I'm going to shoot some handgun from a 4 sided shooting hut at 10" steel lollypops mounted 25meters down range. Driving out their I noticed that tumbleweeds are blowing across the prairie, freshly plowed field have created a dust storm reminisent of the dirty '30's and garbage caught on barb wire fences are at a 45 degree angle parallel to the ground. I don't figure the wind will slow down my .44 Magnum in that short difference of 25 meters.

I get to the range and driving over to the pistol shacks and to my surprise 3 guys are at the outdoor shooting benches trying to zero their rifles at 100 meters. Anybody wanna bet that they tag out this year? Many of us that shoot competition or even just regularly forget that others don't think ahead like we do. Anyone got any good shooter stories from this season?

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Garand said:
...tumbleweeds are blowing across the prairie, freshly plowed field have created a dust storm reminisent of the dirty '30's...
Where exactly in Canada are you? Sounds more like New Mexico in July than Canada in November... :dgrin:

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
90 minute drive northwest of Havre Montana!

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Just small game for me. Ducks and Ruffed Grouse. The gun deer season opens in a couple weeks and I've seen plenty of sign on the back fourty.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Two weeks - my son and I have bull elk tags....

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
It's frontstuffer season now.
Dragging out the GPR this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts