Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it currently is the most powerful cartridge for the AR-15 !

it is a .499LWR

does anyone else here have one ? i believe there were less than 1,000 made. it is one fun rifle to shoot, i also reload for it, at $1.25 a round i have to ! and i can do it for less than 25 cents a round.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
What are the specs on the .499LW?It strikes me as an interesting option for AR shooters....not to mention a good "thumper" :dgrin:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Well, I have an AR-15 chambered for .50 Beowulf. Not saying this is more powerful then the 499LWR, but it sure packs a wallop.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, I have an AR-15 chambered for .50 Beowulf. Not saying this is more powerful then the 499LWR, but it sure packs a wallop.
Rich? Does yours have a break at all? I am not going to use set screws on the barrel for the AA one. Mines just a "big-ol" barrel with one hellava hole on the end. :dgrin:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
As best I can recall, mine doesn't have a muzzle brake. But it's really not needed. It does definitely thump more then a .223 does, but it's no where near being unmanageable. The only thing that DOES hurt is if you are wearing a thin t-shirt, the gripping surface that most ARs have on the buttstock does kind of bite your shoulder. If it were smooth, it would be much more comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts