Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chest hits with .38 wadcutters, lrns, even swcs at pretty "high"( for a .38 anyway) velocities. Or they showed the same sort of "effect" as when I hit them with .22lrs. Biting at the wound, chasing their tails, doing "handstands", etc. VERY unimpressive. .45 ACP ball did little, if any better, either. In 2" barrels, almost none of the jhp's expand, in factory loads, in flesh, either. I once shot a possum repeatedly with the 110 gr Supervel Jhp, at 5 ft or so, 2" Charter arms, and it just stared up at me. You are just KIDDING yourself that .38 wadcutters are ENOUGH more effective than .22lr to matter any. they are a joke. they MIGHT stop a cottontail, with a good hit, but then, so will a .22lr.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
andy said:
chest hits with .38 wadcutters, lrns, even swcs at pretty "high"( for a .38 anyway) velocities. Or they showed the same sort of "effect" as when I hit them with .22lrs. Biting at the wound, chasing their tails, doing "handstands", etc. VERY unimpressive. .45 ACP ball did little, if any better, either. In 2" barrels, almost none of the jhp's expand, in factory loads, in flesh, either. I once shot a possum repeatedly with the 110 gr Supervel Jhp, at 5 ft or so, 2" Charter arms, and it just stared up at me. You are just KIDDING yourself that .38 wadcutters are ENOUGH more effective than .22lr to matter any. they are a joke. they MIGHT stop a cottontail, with a good hit, but then, so will a .22lr.
When's the last time you shot ANYTHING?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts