Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I sold mine. If I buy another .308 semi I'll get an M-14, an AK like a Super-Vepr, or an FAL.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Well, besides the fact that I got $2500 for it, it was a heavy, un-ergonomic pig that bucked more than an automatic of that size and caliber needed to, which impaired shooting rapid followup shots with a scope.

It had the personality of a German Field Webel, "Jawol Oberst! I will shoot!", while an FAL is like a smooth French hooker, "Yeah, that's it big boy! Shoot me! Yes! OH YES! Shoot me AGAIN!"

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
mrostov said:
Well, besides the fact that I got $2500 for it, it was a heavy, un-ergonomic pig that bucked more than an automatic of that size and caliber needed to, which impaired shooting rapid followup shots with a scope.

It had the personality of a German Field Webel, "Jawol Oberst! I will shoot!", while an FAL is like a smooth French hooker, "Yeah, that's it big boy! Shoot me! Yes! OH YES! Shoot me AGAIN!"
Did you just call my FALs whores? :eek3:

:devil:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Aslan said:
Did you just call my FALs whores? :eek3:
:devil:

They are a very good lay. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ohhh, if I only had the $$$$$$'s for one of those.
Guess my FN49 will have to do.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
ASPHALT COWBOY said:
Ohhh, if I only had the $$$$$$'s for one of those.
Hard to tell in this thread; are you talking about G3's or French whores...?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
mrostov said:
Hey! Don't you dis my squarehead rifle. Its Teutonically efficient - shoots every time and is always a pleasure to make go bang. Kinda big and heavy but always obediently shoots the target square in the center without complaint and on command. I love my little Feldwebel because he is always ready to obey my slightest whim.

:evilgrin: :roflmao1:

RIKA (with tongue in cheek :nyah: )

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Range Report

At 100 yds., winds quarteteing from 8 to 2 o'clock - gusting from 5 to 20 kts., Israeli milsurp ammo, these are the results of my first productive session with my PTR-91.
I'm still getting used to the trigger which is anything but "supple"
SatCong

Attachments

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
You sound like you had a good day, great! How hard is it to smooth the trigger? About 25 years ago I bought an HK 93, it was great with iron sights but I never tried to scope it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Garand,
I guess that trigger smoothing is something upon which I will have to do a little homework. I'm gonna install some taller rings to get the scope a little further forward (it rubs the zoom adjustment against the rail if I try that now). I think, if the scope will stop hitting me in the forehead everytime I shoot, it will help things a great deal!
Rich, Fifi looks like a GOOD girl! Good girl, Fifi, goooood Girl!
SatCong

1 - 17 of 17 Posts