Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
Yep, your far better off with your $800.00 a month SSI cheque. If that doesn't make you proud nothing will! Not even having a woman pay your freight, because your not man enough to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
JBT make 50k a year...

So what's the point ? I make 90 k a year, almost enough for a new pair of jack boots.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yeas and trad gets by living off his new wife and her efforts and his contribution is his 800 a month SSII Cheque.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
without any pay. :)
Interesting RIFLE topic. For someone claiming to be so smart, you sure do look stupid being unable to put posts where they belong.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
jbt's make 50k a yr, nobody works for a yr without any pay. :)
ONLY if there is something else better that pays more.

If NO ONE is getting paid, then as a JBT at least they have some power to take what they need, so they'll stick around for that.

History has shown that I'm right on this.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
And JBT's families also get taken care of, that alone will keep them in their jobs.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Is there some point to this? Sure I make better than 50k a year. so what? People shouldn't be compensated for working terrible hours, missing Holiday's, dealing with the criminal element, and taking that ever present risk of losing your life? Federal Law Enforcement Officers are MANDATED to retire at 57. You know why? The stress and strain have been deemed too much on them. Jack Booted Thugs, yeah right. Tell that to the woman who was scared so bad she wouldn't enter her own home until I cleared it by myself.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Terry, when a great many people think of Federal leo's, often myself included, they think first of Waco, Ruby Ridge, and a zillion other wonton, arrogant (and documented) abuses of power leading to humiliation, death, and tragedy for American citizens. Even the Gestapo, the Stasi, and the KGB managed to pull off a humanitarian good deed every so often.

The image of the 'g-man' as the cowboy in the white hat died with Elliot Ness and his generation.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Let me say this about JBTs.
Not every LEO is one, period.
In fact, from the ones I've talked to, most aren't, that includes federal LEOs (2 FBI and one Treasury, I talk to quite a bit, all 3 retired).
Another thing I noticed from what little info there is about the atrocities at Ruby Ridge, Waco, Gordon Kohl, etc, is that the SAME group kept showing up. Seems The Klinton regime had its own little hit squad, and every federal LEO should NOT be judged by one band of criminals.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Maybe there are some that get all warm and fuzzy when feds introduces themselves, but every free citizen I know cringes. Nothing good ever comes when they show up, don't matter what group of "good guys" they belong too BLM, FAA, OSHA, EPA, ATF, FBI they can just keep moving and go "serve" somebody else somewhere else IMO.

I would rather fend for myself without all the "protection".

Teuf,

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
Terry, when I was serving in the military posted to an EOD Unit, I ran across a number of officers that wanted to "play" at the para-military thing. They looked upon themselves as "gawds gift". Maybe if they were that good of "super soldiers", they should have choosen a more appropriate uniform! Mind you when they trained on our bases, they threw their "egos" around in the Junior Ranks Club. On a regular occasion a number of young infantry and armoured soldiers handed their ego back to them :)

Most police officers are honest, decent, hard working people but It is my experience when they start considering themselves as "elite" their brains are switched into neutral and their ego's have taken over! Then they are in the wrong uniform.

I have a friend who has served in "JTF2" (Canada's Special Forces). He decided to pull the plug on the military and join the local police force. He was asked to join the ERT team and after the first morning PT program he realized that they weren't up to the standards of a typical infantry private fresh out of basic training! I was told that because they have their guns and fancy clothes, that they figured nothing else was required. I have also invited them to one of the 3 matches that I put on annually over the last 10 years. None of them have ever shown up to demonstrate their proficiency. I have been told that shooting is not a high priority item for them, due to the small quantity of annual ammunition allocation. If you talk the talk, you should have the ability to back it up with something more than your ego.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
No argument from on that score, Garand. As to the atrocities at Waco and Ruby Ridge, I can say most of the Federal LEO's I knew were as shocked as anyone else and sickened by both event's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
LEO

I think most leo's want to do the job we were hired for, serving the public and protecting society. I think most of us kept our ideals and morals and were both sickened and personnaly very hurt by the abuses of the stero typical JBT's.
I wouldn't want to retire knowing that in the end all I turned out to be was a member of an army of occupation.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Terry, while there are guys who are just trying to do their jobs, overall, the JBT mentality is growing and growing fast, especially in the Federal ranks. It's not just a case of 'one or two bad eggs'. How many Fed LEOs were there at the Waco siege? LOTS. How many tried to stop it? NONE.

If the rest of the Feds were so shocked why wasn't there more protest or action done to those responsible? How many guys turned in their badges in protest? For the sake of their cushy pensions they sold their soul.

Isn't it a long standing concept amongst LEOs, when they deal with non-LEO's, that if someone has knowledge of wrongdoing, doesn't do anything, and just goes with the flow, then they are an accomplice?

My goodness, yes they are, aren't they.

Case in point - Lon Horiuchi.

Was he tried or punished in any real manner or was the same done to the clown in charge who started Ruby Ridge? This pampered 'LEO', from a concealed position of safety, drew down with a scoped sniper rifle on an unarmed woman with a baby in her arms and blew her head off with forethought and malice.

This was a case with massive publicity and he still walked. Odds are good he's still pulling a Federal paycheck somewhere. Do you think Mr. Horiuchi or what he and his masters have done has been forgotten? Not hardly.

Futhermore, every Fed LEO who stayed on the job, lodged no formal protests, and just 'went with the flow' is an accessory to what he did. It's that simple. I hope the pensions were worth it.

That's just one incident. For every Waco or Ruby Ridge there are countless smaller, non-publicized incidents. This is the same type of stuff that builds up over time to a ground swell and a revolution.

The US Federal Government, with all of their super-expensive death toys, can't even keep a lid on a bunch of flea bitten Arabs in Iraq, do you think they can withstand an armed insurrection on their own home turf in a nation of 300 million firearms?

One of the side effects of the growing war in Iraq is that not only will it weaken the Federals of manpower and resources, but it will embolden those in the US who would also challenge the power in Washington with a gun - the ultimate tool of politics.

The actions of the JBT's in the ranks have indicted the entire System and all of those within it on capital crimes.

The inaction of the non-JBT's in the ranks have condemned the System and all of those within it for those capital crimes.

It's like in WWII where there were a lot of good men on both sides - BUT - you wore the uniform, you took the bullet.

The same will hold true during the next Civil War - and believe me, it's coming. Just wait till the economy crashes and the people finally have to get off of their fat asses and ask just what the hell happened and what's actually going on.

One of the reasons the lid has been on the pot till now is that too many people are too busy scrambling to make a living. Just wait till there's no more living to scramble for and everything they've worked for all of their lives is repossessed or evaporates before their eyes.

In such an environment, the voices of moderation seldom, if ever win out.

Now, I long ago ditched the activist fervor as I saw clearly what was going to happen in this country was too big for anyone to handle and it will be uglier than words can truly describe. Too many axes to grind by too many people.

Nowadays I just want to make as much money as I can and leave the country if at all possible before all hell breaks loose.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Well put, mrostov!

One thing I noticed, it's not just federal LEO's with an attitude problem. It's the locals also.

Not all that long ago, I could at least say "Hi" to a cop and maybe have a short conversation with him/her. Not anymore.Now, it is like I am a potential enemy.

They don't like me, fine, I don't like them either.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Once again, I largely (and sadly) agree with MRostov. Not as bad where I am; we’re still seen by most citizens as “the good guys”, but there’s no question the gap is widening and animosity is growing.

Even the “safety checkpoints” that happen more & more nowadays, where every car is stopped & checked for drunks, insurance card, etc… When I was a kid, the only place I ever saw such a thing was in WWII movies when the SS or Gestapo was doing it (“Papers, please.”); now, it’s an every day thing, right here in America. As I’ve gone to part-time-only status, I’ve made the sheriff aware that I won’t be involved in them, and haven’t been.

Problem is, even though I don’t do them, the dept still does, and I’m wearing that same uniform. Does that put me in “the enemy uniform”, as I’ve heard it put…? I know I still do a whole lot more good than harm, so I still stay on the books with the dept, but it’s something I think about a lot. Someday, if things keep progressing the way they are, I fully expect I’ll have to leave it behind. Until then, I’ll keep trying to keep the garbage out of our area, and if the time comes, fully intend use those creds if necessary to get my family out of harm’s way if the shtf.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts