Arms Locker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for stock for a JC Higgins model 583.13 12 gauge. Most of the 583's will fit (583.17, 583.21 etc.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Stock for your JC Higgins (High Std) Bolt shotgun

I have a complete buttstock group with original recoil pad for a 12-- the first series of these fine shotguns (they point like a rifle and are great Turkey and deer guns in the shotguns-only sectors) did not have the cross pin reinforcing bar-acts like a rear "recoil lug" and prevents the magazine box from moving rearward and possibly jamming the safety slide bar- I have pinned and re-glassed it, I can install an "after markret" recoil pin if you want-or you can buy it "as is" for an even $40.00 plus $5.00 shpg. e-mail me at [email protected] if you are still "looking for one"--One nice feature about this BA shotgun- it has the same sear-fp interrupter lug as found on the great K98 Mauser rifles and its clones- 1903, M54, M70-etc- that being, even with the safety off (red paint shows this) if you life up the bolt to top- you cannot fire the weapon- the bolt must be close and "in battery" and the safety off in order for you to fire it-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts