Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who can get the hits faster is the better shottist, rifle,pistol, shotgun, ANY range and any conditions, the faster man is the better man. Notice how the SLOW bozos ALWAYS ASSUME that faster means MISSING. The reason that they "think" thusly is that moving faster DOES mean missing, for THEM. :)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
No, actually the calmer man under stress and fire is the better man. Fast is just a bonus.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
who can get the hits faster is the better shottist, rifle,pistol, shotgun, ANY range and any conditions, the faster man is the better man. Notice how the SLOW bozos ALWAYS ASSUME that faster means MISSING. The reason that they "think" thusly is that moving faster DOES mean missing, for THEM. :)
MELVIN:
This particular post of yours, verifys what Jeff Cooper said about you. Jeff Cooper said you were "A little off of plumb."

However MELVIN, don't take my unverified word for it, call your friend "HACK" (Ken Hackathorne), and he will verify that comment. As a matter of fact, Hackathorne was the one that told me, Jeff Cooper, said that about you.

WOO-HOO, aren't we having fun MELVIN.

I win, you lose.

Bill

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Actually, there was a caveat to what Mr. Cooper said. He said, essentially, to shoot as fast as you could, but slow enough to hit. I.E. Speed only counts for hits. Some people think speed is everything, and had a habit when they were shooting to put rounds in the dirt in an effort to miss fast enough to win.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Like Wyatt Earp said, lots of men were faster than he was, but he always bothered to aim.

·
Registered
779 Posts
"Missing fast enough to win."- Works only in GAMES like IPSC.

"Take your time and hurry up."- I believe is a quote from Wyatt Earp. Pretty much what mrostov said.

Now which one would we bet our lives on? One from a washed up GAMER or one from a REAL gunfighter wholived to a pretty old age?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Not much I can add to this thread:
Todd, Mrostov, Magnum and Stillwater, all seemed to have nailed it correctly.

Of course Jeff nailed it pretty good with the whole out of plumb line...

:devil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts