Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
garnad says you don't have to be fast at all. Funny, Audie Murphy and many others said guys like garnad are fos. :)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I think Audie Murphy, passed away before I got out of high school so I can honestly say that he didn't know me. But in 1978, I stood behind the actor Jim Brown as he was checking into the Shereton in Tel Aviv! I don't think he would remember me though. On second thought, at the time I was trying to hold up 3 other drunk Canadian infanteers until we could check in. It was a rather funny experience, he might remember it but I don't know his phone number.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
MELVIN is a "Little out of PLUMB" ... (mentally)

MELVIN, Jeff Cooper also said you were a, "little out of plumb."

If you don't believe me, call you friend HACK. You know him, Ken Hackathorne, the one you gave me the phone number of, so I could call him and check on your IPSC powess. Hackathorne is the one who related Coopers comment to me.

Go ahead MELVIN, ask your friend HACK, I really dare you too. Ask him if he told me that, or not. Oh, one thing I should tell you MELVIN, is that I record all calls.

Bill

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
garnad says you don't have to be fast at all. Funny, Audie Murphy and many others said guys like garnad are fos. :)
Can you provide a documented quote on that MELVIN? Either provide the quote, or be self-proven, as a LIAR again.

Audie Murphey wasn't given to shooting off his mouth. In fact everything I have read about him, was, that he said very little.

MELVIN, I can tell you something Audie Murphey did in the San Fernando Valley one day. This event happened somewhere in the mid sixties. Murphey had a dog, being guard dog trained, by a local trainer. Murphey visited the training facility to see how the dog, a large German Shepherd, was progressing.

Murphey saw the dog being abused. Little five foot, four inch, 125 pound Murphey, beat the hell out of the over six foot tall, 200 pound dog trainer. It made all of the local papers. They were both arrested. Murphey was given a little fine. The dog trainer went to jail for six months.

Murphey didn't like people that abused animals, so I don't think he would like you MELVIN.
Bill

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
A slow hit beats a fast miss.

The trick is be as accurate as possible, as quickly as possible.

Speed thrills, accuracy kills.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Or, to qoute maybe not word for word but same thing from someone who had real world experience and never played gun games:
048bc1ffca213b688eab9c4bc955eb7e.jpg

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Melvin, one thing that I have learned in shooting multiple competitions every year since 1986, someone is always faster than you, somewhere! Since you don't compete I understand why you feel this way. I do know, that I am probably more proficient with the variety of firearms that I shoot on a regular basis than 80-85% of shooters that rarely shoot. If the balloon ever goes up Melvin, tactics will be as important as speed. But, then you wouldn't realize that "cause the Army didn't teach me nothin".

Reactions: BigEd and Dorobuta
1 - 7 of 7 Posts