Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Weaver. I prefer a penny,at 10m,myself. :) Tape it to the paper target. The dime is about .70" in diameter. With a .45, you can "nick" either edge of it, so the group size is .22" +.22" +.70" and you can still hit the dime. That's 1.14", center to center of the farthest apart bullet holes, in a 5 shot group. In other words, a 6" group at 50 yds would be geometrically the same thing, because the muzzle of the gun is about. 9 yds from the target, at 10 yds from your toes.

this test is best done by taping 5 pennies to a target, at 11 yds, firing one shot at each penny. It' heartbreaking to see all the hits that "only" missed the penny by 1/16". :)

Naturally, with a 9mm, your group has to be smaller, because you lose a bit of bullet diameter. It's .70"+ .17"+.17", or you mise. 1.04 group size, in other words. so you have to be 10%more accurate with the smaller bore, which usually aint hard to do, given really good ammo.

This is an utterly worthless passtime, of course, but interesting, nonetheless.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Thanks for introducing me to another utterly worthless idea which will be filed with all the other nutzoid blabber.

RIKA (sigh)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
tell Jeff, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>. It's HIS test

not mine. None of you ***** could ever HOPE to pass what I consider relevant skill tests with a pistol. You'd shoot yourself trying.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Well, you are the expert on shooting your self.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
hahah

might be a PITA to find something to stand up the coin on that wouldn't allow it to drop by a close miss.

it's said that "the center of all targets is the same size" might as well clear the X out.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said, tape it to the target. Best tape 5 of them, one shot each, or if you are doing well, you will be doing a lot of running back and forth to the target. :) A buddy of mine had one of the first scoped Ruger 22's ever seen. He used a Leupold scope and a Contender mount, 6.7" tapered barrel, and match ammo. From the Bench, he'd tape a penny onto the target, bet you a $ a shot that he could hit it(sandbagged benchrest). Since he could group under 1" out there, he hit more than he missed. :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
andy said:
This is an utterly worthless passtime, of course.
Right from the horses mouth. I rest my case.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Gunkid/erika, please explain what you have learned about shooting since you shot yourself the last time?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Garand said:
Gunkid/erika, please explain what you have learned about shooting since you shot yourself the last time?
"Don't use a hollowpoint next time?"

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I"ve learned that I dont need to practice at ALL to be better than bozos like YOU, at anything that matters, and that dryfire, wax practice, .22 unit keep me better than 90% of the COMPETITOR type shottists in this world, and that 1000 rds of 223 a year, and 2000 rds of 9mm a year, make me as good as anybody is, at what COUNTS.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I don't recall you beating any of these people that you think you are better than.

Not needing to practice - ok sparky.

Even if you are as good as you think (which I doubt anyone other than you beleives), your tactics will still get you deader than dead quickly.

You can be fast and stupid, but you're still stupid and stupid kills.

Tactics trump all.

:devil:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yeah, the only guy here who shot himself in the foot doesn't need practice to be better than anyone else. Keep dreamin' wanker.

and that dryfire, wax practice, .22 unit keep me better than 90% of the COMPETITOR type shottists in this world, and that 1000 rds of 223 a year, and 2000 rds of 9mm a year, make me as good as anybody is, at what COUNTS.
yeah, since you can't even do that, you're WORSE than 90% of all gun OWNERS, not just the real shootists. Apparently what counts for you is to gun down your own feet, as you never were a winner, or a "top hand" at your game, and are completely unproven in combat, which is what counts, not wanking off in your dIPStiC games.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts