Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Don't look at me- I use both calibers ( or at least I did when I had more possessions).
There's a lot of different design options in both calibers worth using- some are the compact options you favor, others the steel frame service guns I prefer. Go for what you know, like I always say.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this was intended for bigbassman. 15 years ago, I switched to 9mm from .45 and he termed me a 'traitor". :)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Hell, I had model 39 Smiths an Hi Powers back then too! Still Have a Built Hi Power an A govt model in 9 and the 938. Today while making my rounds of shops, came across a 938 in 22, longer one with adjustable sights. Figgered why not, was going to get conversion unit anyway. Can live with longer barrel. Price was right. Crazy thing, Sig will not ship mags to Illinois.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Another thing, I am shooting a lot of revolvers last couple years so I don't have to pick up brass. In summer, not so bad, take grandsons an let them get it. Got both of them a 1022 an Single Six last year for birthdays. Son in the traitor! He has Glocks!

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
didn't you tell me you had a glock, at one point, ? still got mustangs 380 govt model? 40 odd years ago, Askins did an article on M39, guns and ammo mag, IIRC. blue velvet background for the pic, and engraving, nickeled smith. Thought it was the purtiest thing i'd ever seen. :) Before I'd seen any smithed 1911's. always did think the GM was way to big and heavy for ccw. LW commander barely qualifies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts