Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and SHOW these ignoramuses that it's JUST as tame to hit the targets with as the ("noisy) .22 unit is. :) I've been telling that to everyone for years, but the cheapskates won't spend the money to find out it's TRUE. They don't WANT to admit that the .30 cals SUCK, because they CAN'T be canned, in any sort of effective way, and have the gun and can be of useful size and wt. :)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
They don't WANT to admit that the .30 cals SUCK, because they CAN'T be canned, in any sort of effective way, and have the gun and can be of useful size and wt. :)
Just because you can't maneuver a real rifle (even a real-length AR), i.e. you LACK FIELDCRAFT SKILLS, and are too WEAK and PUNY to carry a rifle that weighs a whopping two pounds more, does not mean the rifle is ineffective, it means YOU are.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
They don't WANT to admit that the .30 cals SUCK, because they CAN'T be canned, in any sort of effective way, and have the gun and can be of useful size and wt. :)
I have personally been present when a 308 was fired with the AWC suppressor attached. The sound it made definitely didn't sound like a rifle shot and we stood 40 ft away having normal conversation without earmuffs. At 50 yds the sound was so muffled that not only could you not identify what it was but couldn't tell where it came from. As long as the suppressor has the quick attach feature, it doesn't affect useful size or weight to any significant degree.

In short, you don't know what you're talking about.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey Tard, I've got a can 12 inches long, 2 in diameter that suppresses a .50 BMG rifle to the point where it sounds like a .22 rimfire being shot. It weighs 2 pounds and I've put about 1200 rounds through it without having to replace or fix anything on it.

RIKA is right about the Thundertrap, it's a fantastic suppressor that makes any .30 caliber sound very quiet. I've also got a Thundertrap for the .338. I never wear ears when shooting guns with these cans on them. They are VERY quiet.

It's too bad you are such a prick, if you listened, you might actually learn a few things.

Mike

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with wussy subonic 308 loads,MAYBE

,or SLOWFIRE, and what's the point of having the can OFF of the rifle, dummy? :) It's YOU who doesn't know the real score.

Stupid <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>, I can run you into the GROUND, carrying full gear. I've worked at it for YEARS now. Stupid people who WANT to lug around pointless extra bulk and wt are NOT fit. What they are is lazy and ignorant about the FACTS. ALL real backpackers HATE EVERY CUBIC INCH AND OZ that they have to lug around.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Actually Tard, I usually put M118 special ball through it or the Georgia Arms G168M ammunition. Both of which leave the muzzle at 2600 fps. I guarantee that the Thundertrap suppressor is quieter than ANY .223 can you can make.

In the .50's I shoot 750 grain AMAX bullets at 2800 fps.

Speaking of humping your gear around, believe me, you can't even compare. You're half day jaunts are a cake walk. You want a real challenge? Try two weeks in Minnisota with the closest town being 50 miles away. I've done it carrying a 60 pound pack AND a rifle in the late fall when there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground.

Mike

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
Stupid <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>, I can run you into the GROUND, carrying full gear. I've worked at it for YEARS now.

Those 1/2 day FTX'es have really toughened you up. So much that you can't jog for fear of hurting your knee.

Stupid people who WANT to lug around pointless extra bulk and wt are NOT fit. What they are is lazy and ignorant about the FACTS.

You have absolutely no knowledge of how fit the people on this forum are or aren't. They certainly post more good info and facts than you do.

This is a GROSS JEALOUSY TANTRUM POST.

RIKA

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I don't know much about .30 caliber suppressors; never checked into them much. But from the little I have checked on them, they seem "do-able".

Check out www.advanced-armament.com ; their claims for my 5.56 unit were borne out when I got it, so their .30 caliber claims may well be reliable, too.

Lastly, I don't agree that .30-caliber rifles "suck". I have five of them myself; a Weatherby "scouterized" .308 Winchester, a Savage 10FP Police Tactical, a Mak-90, and two M1 carbines.

Each has advantages over others; some are better at one task, some are better at others.

Okay, back to your fighting, gentlemen... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no they are not, John. twice the powder

burning means you have to have TWICE the internal volume in the can. The longer the can, the THICKER the tubing must be, and the coarser, longer the threads must be, to hold the thing in proper alignment with the bore. All that means MORE wt, and at the muzzle, a LITTLE wt has a very noticable slowing effect of how fast you can move the rifle.

you CAN'T shorten a 308 barrel, and have ANY more range than the 223 has. The 308 ALREADY has marginal velocity. Cut the 308 barrel to 11", and it's got 2300 fps with a 168 gr bullet, so it has no more range than the .30 ak rd has. The drop and drift numbers get POOR, real fast.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT... Wrong tard. Twice the powder does not mean twice the required size of the can.

You forget a few things about the dynamics of how a suppressor works. Actually, I don't think you ever knew them to begin with.

Mike

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
[BStupid <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>, I can run you into the GROUND, carrying full gear. I've worked at it for YEARS now.[/B]
No you can't, and no you haven't. You, a stupid, inept, lazy, chickensh!t who turns down going on a HIKE for fear of hurting yourself. You can't even WALK with gear without getting hurt, so sure as hell can't run anyone into the ground with it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
JD, Do ya ever get tired of picking the toe nails out of your teeth

andy said:
Stupid <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>, I can run you into the GROUND, carrying full gear. I've worked at it for YEARS now. Stupid people who WANT to lug around pointless extra bulk and wt are NOT fit. What they are is lazy and ignorant about the FACTS. ALL real backpackers HATE EVERY CUBIC INCH AND OZ that they have to lug around.
I have never met anyone that was so good at putting thier foot in thier mouth.

I would take some of that action, you are cordially invited to go on a backpacking trip with me and my kids. I would be willing to bet that my 16 year old daughter will have you sucking wind though burning lungs in less that 3 hours.

You know those times I 'm not posting?

It's because we are in the mountains, you know like in real life, with like, real life gear.

Teuf, (shaking head, still amazed you would post something that silly)

G

·
Tuef

BINGO!
You hit it right on the head.
Look at any TARD infested board and mark down the times of posts made,do real quick math and it PROVES he is unfit to be able to do ANYTHING but type endless drivel.Ill bet his skin is pastey and pale due to lack of sunlight(also causing depression)

The TARD(AKA GK)is on his wifes computer 24/7 proving he does have the time to train as we do.Ill bet he gets winded just getting up to take a piss.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
with wussy subonic 308 loads,MAYBE

,or SLOWFIRE, and what's the point of having the can OFF of the rifle, dummy? :) It's YOU who doesn't know the real score.

Stupid <font color=red>[censored]</font>, I can run you into the GROUND, carrying full gear. I've worked at it for YEARS now. Stupid people who WANT to lug around pointless extra bulk and wt are NOT fit. What they are is lazy and ignorant about the FACTS. ALL real backpackers HATE EVERY CUBIC INCH AND OZ that they have to lug around.
backpacking is not SHTF, so your point is dumb.

you have had a bad back and knees for years, and have posted such.

anytime you want to do a backpack challenge let me know. We can do anything from 10 miles to 50 miles with full gear.

why not post a picture of your gear?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
no they are not, John. twice the powder

burning means you have to have TWICE the internal volume in the can. The longer the can, the THICKER the tubing must be, and the coarser, longer the threads must be, to hold the thing in proper alignment with the bore. All that means MORE wt, and at the muzzle, a LITTLE wt has a very noticable slowing effect of how fast you can move the rifle.

you CAN'T shorten a 308 barrel, and have ANY more range than the 223 has. The 308 ALREADY has marginal velocity. Cut the 308 barrel to 11", and it's got 2300 fps with a 168 gr bullet, so it has no more range than the .30 ak rd has. The drop and drift numbers get POOR, real fast.
You are wrong on every single count. My .308 suppressor is made of titanium, the threads are very short.
why would I need to shorten the barrel? You come up with stupid requirements that fit some fantasy that only exists in your warped brain. You seem to be very ignorant of modern suppressors, which is too bad. Throwing your life away has left you in the dust.

there are many more bullet weights available for the .308 than there ever will be for the .223.

we all know the real reason you post this crap is you are afraid of recoil and noise. You even admit to needing a suppressor on a .223 to avoid flinching. Pretty sad.

but then again, you really are special, aren’t you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts