Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This supressor thing is ridiculous. Like I said contact AFTE directly in DC. Also, if you really want to get a fire started, write or e-mail your congressman and tell him you have had no response from this agency. I GUARANTEE you will get a response from both parties. A letter (certified) is best. Nothing light's a fire under some bureaucrat's posterior than a "Congressional". I know. I have seen the non-gun toting big-wigs running around like frightened children when they got a dreaded "Congressional".

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Terry G said:
This supressor thing is ridiculous. Like I said contact AFTE directly in DC. Also, if you really want to get a fire started, write or e-mail your congressman and tell him you have had no response from this agency. I GUARANTEE you will get a response from both parties. A letter (certified) is best. Nothing light's a fire under some bureaucrat's posterior than a "Congressional". I know. I have seen the non-gun toting big-wigs running around like frightened children when they got a dreaded "Congressional".
Terry, you are absolutely right -- I had to do that once. After my Senator, wrote the head of an agency, my problem was cured in one week. After waiting for a year ...

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Write a letter on PD letterhead, to Laura Bush. She has staff to handle such things, and gets about .1 of 1% of the mail that GW gets, and she has George's ear if they DARE ignore one of her staffer's letters.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
I've called the closest ATF office (Little Rock), and was told "That's all handled out of D.C."

I actually called the Little Rock office again earlier this morning (just trying to kick the anthill a little), and got a generic voice-mail box; not even a specific person, just the "ATF mailbox".

I've also sent an e-mail to the "questions and concerns" section at the DC office:

I'm a deputy sheriff in rural Arkansas, and my class 3 dealer submitted paperwork for me on a suppressor transfer in May of this year. Neither of us has heard anything back yet.

This is my second class 3 purchase, and is taking much longer than the first one, which was released to me back in June. This second one (since May) has been seven months now, with no word.

Is there any way to find out the status of this paperwork?

My personal information is:

deleted

SSN # deleted

My Class 3 dealer's name is deleted.

If there is any way to find out the status of this transfer it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
deleted

Still no reply. Dilweeds.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Added: Typing out the above post got me pissed enough that I called my class 3 guy and warned him that I'm on the edge of starting a fecal storm over this. He knows I know it's not him, just the atf, but he's likely to be dragged into it, so I wanted to give him a heads-up.

You're right; this is ridiculous. They took my money seven months ago, they allegedly work for us, and they won't even return e-mails.

Bureaucrats are one of the few things worse than politicians: you can't vote them out of office.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look, John in AR, these people work for YOU! Don't be submissive, hit them back. If they are not doing their job's, write your Congressman. I put in 23 years in as a Federal LEO and I know what makes them pucker.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Terry G said:
Look, John in AR...! Don't be submissive...
Sometimes being the submissive one can be fun... :noevil: :blush: :smokin:

I'm still calling them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts