Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halloween being long gone, I had close to twenty fair sized pumpkins to dispose of. I called up my Son and Nephew for a little pumpkin shoot. Pistols at 25 yards, rifles at 100. Pick your weapon, but no 'scopes or .22's. Loser cook's supper ( a beef roast, potatoes, veggies, etc.) Son shows up with his Armalite M-15 and his Beretta 92 FS. Nephew shows up with an SKS's and a Taurus .40 S&W. I used one of my SMLE MKIII, and my Colt SAA .45. We pretty much had a three way tie with the rifles, although I argued that my .303 had a much more deadly effect on the charging pumpkins. With the pistols things got a little confused as my two compadres swore I hadn't designated the target's properly, and the fifth pumpkin from the left I shouldn't have shot because that was my Son's target and now it was so torn up from that .45 round it wasn't a fair mark any longer. I saw which way this was going, and said OK, just shoot, I'll cook. Nice day, Wives were happy they got to relax while I cooked, and we got to argue about the shooting. Now what am I going to do with all those dead pumpkins?

·
Registered
139 Posts
pumpkin pie........lol just kidding

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ain't it great? :laugh:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Let me tell ya, plinking rotten fruit is a good pasttime. Might even want to see if the local grocery store is willing to let you pick up some "out of date" apples, plums, etc. They're good for plinking and small enough to help improve your speed work (outside of course). Nothing beats reactive targets, and you don't have to clean up much, just mulch them into the grass. . .it will help it grow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts