Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Just noticed this forum

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BigJon 
#1 ·
I work with The Whitetail Institute (www.whitetailinstitute.com). I certainly don't have all the answers when it comes to whitetail deer nutrition, forages, minerals, etc., but we have a wealth of information here at the company. If I can answer, or find the answer, to any questions you all have re: deer nutrition, let me know. If I don't know the answer, I promise that I'll tell you and not try to b.s. you.

Best,
Jon

#3 ·
No, ghost. I don't frequent internet sites on a professional basis, just for fun. I like it here because my friends from internet board over many years are here.

Best,
Jon

#5 ·
Geez, Aslan, I just noticed your post. Sorry for the delay!

Yep, when you say "concern" ourselves, yea, we do. Whitetail deer nutrition is all our company does. We started the deer nutrition industry, and as far as I know, we are still the only company that derives its income solely from that endeavor. With regard to the SouthWest, the biggest problem we have had has, of course, been rainfall. Most of our planting mixes need the 30+ inches per year that most of the eastern US gets. We do have two low-rainfalll mixes though. Now, we have a perennial mix named Imperial Whitetail Extreme that will tolerate as low as 16 inches per year in rainfall, and lemme tell ya, it's dynamite there's a little evergreen forb / herb in there that honest to gosh tastes like watermellon; it's that sweet, and the deer flat nail it. We also have an annual alternative named No Plow that will pretty much grow anywhere winter wheat and oats can be grown.

Hope all's well with you. Good to hear from you again.

Best,
Jon

#7 ·
I'll bet you do see some good 'uns (Colorado, right?) Our biggest problem in western states has been rainfall. Now, we have stuff that does well even in as little at 16 inches per year.

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.