Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how bad is it, really, when we have to have survival gear.

Its to the point where we have abbreviations for this. BOB. GHB, SHTF, TEOTWAWKI. Our own shorthand. I feel kind of sorry for the newby just waking up, trying to decipher this.

I still haven't figured out why we see bad things coming, but the average Joe doesn't.

I have spent thousands on gear and knowledge. I could easily spend thousands more. (I finally have enough to satisfy my paracord fetish).

There are times when I wonder if I am the crazy one. But then, something invariably happens to let me know I am on the right track. It helps knowing that there are others out there that see the same things.

We're planning on living on what we can carry on our back, what we can cache, make, catch, shoot, grow and find. Think about it.

Reactions: Hasher

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
We're planning for the worst, but hoping for the best...

Same line of reasoning that people buy insurance for.

:devil:

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
You are crazy, everyone knows all you need is a Canned AR, w/ a .22 insert and a Barney backpack!!!

Reactions: Hasher and Kent

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
you have never killed anyone in yoru life except in yoru dreams tard. YOu live a vicarious and pathetic little fantasy life with another paranoid psychotic on teh net. You have basicly no accomplishments to yoru name in the entire 56 years of your pathetic felonious, fucktard life.

I actually pity you.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Before I first logged on to the internet most all of the stuff that I read here daily I had dismissed as being long over after the seventies survivalist movement.If I had known then that SHTF was such a common-& planned for-topic/event I'd prolly never even logged on in the first place.

I kinda miss being a sheep in the dark.T'was much less expensive.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I sincerely hope that I never have to kill anyone again. I will if I have to, but will be happy if the ocassion never arises.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Kent said:
<snip

I have spent thousands on gear and knowledge. I could easily spend thousands more. (I finally have enough to satisfy my paracord fetish).

<snip>

QUOTE]

I wouldn't know anything, substantive, about paracord fetishes. However, I have three spools, 1200 feet each, of 550 paracord.

Is that enough or do I need more?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can never have enough paracord :)

It's almost as indisposable as a good knife.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I find that my shtf gear doubles very nicely for quality camping equipment and allows me to take full enjoyment advantage of the fields and woods that I love. The guns and knives, I would have anyway as I'm fascinated by them. Since we can't predict the future (except for GK), I can expand my knowledge base greatly, be ready for the worst if it should come and have fun at the same time.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
When you are shooting at soldiers, you are killing the decent men (in most cases) When you are shooting jbt's, it's like spraying cockroaches. Huge difference.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Erika is correct, the majority of your gear that you require, easily doubles as camping gear, allowing you the opportunity to test the gear you choose under ideal circumstances. Competition shooting allows you the opportunity to shoot "under stress" and become more proficient with the firearms that you choose. Both activities allow you the opportunity to contact like minded people in a social setting and expand or share knowledge. Itsa a win/win situation.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
andy said:
When you are shooting at soldiers, you are killing the decent men (in most cases) When you are shooting jbt's, it's like spraying cockroaches. Huge difference.
Actually, the spraying cockroaches theme would be more appropriate if you were shooting convicted felons, the absolute scum of society. Useless, Welfare, SSI leeches.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
If the balloon ever does go up, prisons will be a "target rich" enviornment.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Terry G said:
Actually, the spraying cockroaches theme would be more appropriate if you were shooting convicted felons, the absolute scum of society. Useless, Welfare, SSI leeches.
GEE, everybody has such a high opinion of NUTTY JOHN -- NOT!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
NUTTY JOHN, how in the hell would you know? Did you have another, WET DREAM?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts