Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all I have been away for a bit (disk prob in lower back) I have been reading when the muscle relaxers and Terminator 3's allow me of focus.
So here is the question. Do any of the members here keep and shoot air rifles? I got out of firearms and hunting in 98 (stupid me let my card expire too) I have always had an air rifle from the time I was 12 and still do now and I get to shoot it quite a bit. I have been working on a bad pigeon problem for a friend of mine since the summer minus the last 6 weeks or so. I am in a much better state now so I am planning to go to Dan's this weekend and do some shooting. I know this is not a fire arm question but I figured a change of pace would be fun and air rifles are real fun and cheap to shoot.

Taking the fire arms course here in Jan or Feb so I should be back to fire arms late this summer and hopefully a nice bull moose in Sept or Oct and a Deer in Nov.

Hi Ho Hi Ho back to the woods I go

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Ahhh, air rifles. I have an old (1980's) FWB 124 rifle (Feinwerkbau) in .177 along with a Beeman P1 pistol in .177. The P1 looks and handles like a Colt 1911. Both are great fun for practice and shooting pests. In fact I think they would have a place in shtf if one had the space.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Colt had a pellet pistol out a while back, that I'd like to check out. They wanted fairly serious money for it, $225 or so, so if it had an actually dropping hammer, real steel, a functional thumbsafety, etc, it might be helpful for training beginners in the cocked and locked draw-stroke. could rig up some sheet metal target to a microphone, and hook up the timer, I'd think.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
Colt had a pellet pistol out a while back, that I'd like to check out. They wanted fairly serious money for it, $225 or so, so if it had an actually dropping hammer, real steel, a functional thumbsafety, etc, it might be helpful for training beginners in the cocked and locked draw-stroke. could rig up some sheet metal target to a microphone, and hook up the timer, I'd think.
Go to Beeman's website and check out the P1. It could perform that function quite easily, looks and feels like a big 45 and even has a rather rough recoil (intentional) for an airgun.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
Ahhh, air rifles. I have an old (1980's) FWB 124 rifle (Feinwerkbau) in .177 along with a Beeman P1 pistol in .177. The P1 looks and handles like a Colt 1911. Both are great fun for practice and shooting pests. In fact I think they would have a place in shtf if one had the space.

RIKA
RIKA:
Your FWB 124 air rifle is one of the finest hunting, air rifles, ever made. And, it is still available.

I have had one since the mid-seventies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts