Arms Locker banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Rika;do you know if Camillus makes a single edge version of the boot knife??As I reside in Massghanistan,my"betters" felt the need many years ago to loff up an old forgotten law that prohibited "dirks",and other sharp pointy's with two cutting edges.BTW,I like the avatar;it resembles an old green ink tyattoo on my back(rear view,Valkyrie reaching up with a burning sword).

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Thgat lokoks pretty useful...hey what do you think of the CKRT Ryan Plan B??someone gave one to me a coulpe of years ago(along with an Endura),andfor something you can get online for under $30,its alittle cutting machine;kind of a Barong point neck knife,with a decent recurve to it.Good tip ,as well.Its got maybe a 3.3-3.5 inch blade,with a grip that suits me.I was thinking the blade geometry might work well on a larger design(5.5 to 7 inches).

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
lol what can a strider do that a cs cant? nothing ;)

strider started using 550 for the handles inspired by the japanese silk wrapped blades. try one, it holds very well. even in oil, blood or other junk. if it gets grubby just boil it. rambo can use it to make knife into spear or for survival.

i prefer spearpoints, was just showing dw tantos cos he mentd them. i got one bcos i wanted more for tip strength.

glenlivits single malt on rocks for me

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
ahh kid down, type with two hands. I like the design of the midsized shivworks blade. too bad it's not double edged.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
gripper said:
Rika;do you know if Camillus makes a single edge version of the boot knife??As I reside in Massghanistan,my"betters" felt the need many years ago to loff up an old forgotten law that prohibited "dirks",and other sharp pointy's with two cutting edges.BTW,I like the avatar;it resembles an old green ink tyattoo on my back(rear view,Valkyrie reaching up with a burning sword).
Gripper, I pretty much follow knives but I have never seen a single edge version. I know it sounds crude but what if you just ground off one of the double edges. Would it be legal then?

Thank you for the compliment on my avatar. I would really like some Valkyries but haven't found any decent ones.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
"...Nighthawk (don’t remember if it’s Buck or Gerber for some reason), is a very good knife, although it’s got a more pointed blade than I prefer. "

Not that it matters, but it bugged me that I didn't remember. So I pulled it out of the safe; it's a Buck model 650.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything made by Cold Steel.

My Recon Tanto has always stayed razor sharp, and is tuff as hell.
The ads don't lie.

I’ve seen Gerber MKII's dropped 12in onto a porcelain sink and had the tips broke off.
Sure it's thin dagger, but still.
Its the 21st century, ITRL shit happens.

Cold Steels can be used to cut steel with little damage.

Kershaw is a pain in the ass, I have to sharpen my Ken Onion Assisted openers about every 3rd time I use it, for stuff around the house (!)
Neat, but a PITA...

My Spyderco folders (Delica, Endura) never let me down either. I've bought multiple copies of the serrated, and partially serrated for me and the Mrs. without regret.
We grab em' with our keys in the morning.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts