Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Knoxx Non-Recoil Reducing collapsible stock for my 870 about a month ago. I finally went out to run it through it's paces and, holy crap, was I PISSED! I purposely ran some low brass #6 through it (to make it lock up) so I could clear it by slamming the butt on a shooting bench. One good whack and the pin holding the stock in place bent and locked the stock in the fully collapsed position. I got the stock for a good price and Blackhawk has already told me to send it in and they'll replace it. I'm just happy to find this out while having fun at the range and not fighting for my life. Some of my gear queer shooting buddies rag me for abusing my equipment, but none of them had a smart ass thing to say when I asked them which was preferable; to have this happen at the range or in a gunfight? Anyway, if any of you guys have been looking for a pistol grip for a combat shotgun, I'd look somewhere other than this one. I think I'll sell the replacement to one of my gear queer buddies and buy a Speedfeed or Choate.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to collapsable stocks. They have their place, but on a rifle or shotgun that is going to be abused, it is the wrong place. I am surprised to hear the latch pin bent instead of some of the plastic breaking first. Isn't the tube on the Knoxx plastic too? If you are intent on being rough, I recommend you go with the Speedfeed IV. It is a one piece stock with pistol grip and no ammo storage tubes built in. They also have the Speedfeed IV-S which is shorter in length of pull, which is good for shorter people and use with protective vests.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This setup is nice but it will abuse you. I understand limbsaver now has a pad for this setup. It is a mesa tactical with a PMAG stock. You can also get an endline recoil suppressor if you want to go that route.

I am not really a fan of the grip angle on the speedfeeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts