Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting shotgun experience this past weekend, when my sister-in-law and her new husband came up from Houston to visit between Christmas and New Year’s. (And I don’t shoot my shotgun once every two years or so…)

He’s a major shotgunner, just won the Class A World Championship in San Antonio a few months ago. (His initials are RW, if anyone here is involved in that kind of thing and knows who I’m talking about.)

We went out to a field & set up the thrower and had a good time. Naturally, he’s shooting a shotgun that cost probably 20 or 30 times what mine did; not much of a feat, as I paid a whopping $110 for mine used, probably 12 years ago. Only shotgun I own; a Mossberg 500 riot gun with an 18 ½ inch cylinder-choke barrel. Not a perfect gun for skeet shooting obviously, but had some fun and surprised myself with it as I actually did 'not horribly bad' with it.

RW, on the other hand… he’s just out of my league with a shotgun. At the championships, he was one of 17 guys who shot 100/100 on doubles, and then won in the shoot-off’s. Think about that: one hundred birds in a row, thrown simultaneously two at a time; he didn’t miss one of them.

He’s just retarded good with a shotgun.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You had fun John. Thats what counts. Did RW let you shoot his shotgun?

RIKA

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I didn’t even ask. I was more fixated on getting him to shoot my suppressed CAR-15 and (unsuppressed ;)) 454 Casull.

He didn’t like the Casull a bit…

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
dunno why anyone would, but then I also dunno why anyone would bother with skeet or trap, other than a fun afternoon teaching novices with staked down thrower and 3/4 oz 20 ga, in a gas op auto, with a stock that fits them and a recoil pad.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
“A fun afternoon” is exactly right. No combat or survival training, just a fun afternoon (being shown up badly by a world-champion level shooter...).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts