Arms Locker banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he had his .22 Hornet model 54, I think? a bolt action Winchester, few were made, IIRC. I had a rem 788 in 222. I stopped on a RR crossing. looked my way down the track. He was to look his way. Whoever saw a critter naturally got the shot. I asked "see anything'? and Layne said, "YEAH A TRAIN!" I looked and saw the engineer reaching up for his horn. Stomped the gas and we got out of the way,

Layne was in the car with me when I had an ND with a 357 Blackhawk. He somewhat contributed to the error, by leaving the hammer on halfcock. blew out both of our ears. WOW. we had both windows down, or we'd both be deaf today. That was in my dad's Oldsmobile, while I was home on leave from Korea.

Layne was in my car when I was going WAY too fast, 50 or so, over some hills on back road between Litchfield and Gillespie. car was almost leaving the ground as I topped the hills. I went over one, and a bindle stiff was walking on my side of the road. I jerked the wheel to my left, and stomped the brake. I had one brake dragging, needing new pads. The car spun 360 as we went down the hill, It nearly went off a 12 ft culvert/drop, but was stopped by some shoots growing out of a stump. Layne had to crawl over me and get out my door. His side of the car was hanging out in the air. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts