Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you thousands of hours and $. For instance, I aint interested in anything but cocked and locked SA autoloaders, so I can forget about ANYTHING that is DA, Fast action, or manually operated. I have no interest in any double stack mag pistol, or any shotgun. I have no interest in blowback centerfire autopistols. The reason that I have no interest in the above is that they dont do a damned thing that needs doing, that the SA single stack autoloaders wont do. I'm not interested in any non-concealable rifle, nor in any weirdo rifle calibers. With the rifle, bulk and wt are not really issues, for any missions where some more power is needed. So there is no reason not to just get a bigger gun. With the pistol, however, ccw consraints change that, and there's REASON to use the .356 TSW and .460 Rowland. Maybe not for pussies who don't care about performance, but for the few men who do so care. So 90+ % of the guns in existence, or what MIGHT come into existence, are of no interest to me, cause they don't DO anything.

For instance, what does the .17 Mag rimfire DO? It has maybe another 100 yds of range over the .22lr for prairedogs, and it's a lot quieter than the 223. However, its ammo costs MORE than Wolf 223, and many places, you can kill hundreds of prairie dogs a day, either with the .22lr conversion, or without the 223's noise bothering anybody. So why bother with a new gun and expensive, VERY specialized ammo?

what does blackpowder DO, that modern loads (or a bow and arrow won't do)? the answer is nothing.

in the shotgun, what does the 12 ga do that the 3" 20 ga mag wont? the 3/4oz, #9 Skeet load in 20 ga is a joy to shoot, as long as you have some lead shot in the stock of a single shot, and a recoil pad. It's even more fun in a gas op auto, but is that worth the $300 more you have to spend on such, instead of the single shot? Sure aint to me. So why get beaten-up by the 12 ga, for the VERY few times that it's extra 5 yds of range MIGHT matter?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
gunkid says: "So 90+ % of the guns in existence, or what MIGHT come into existence, are of no interest to me, cause they don't DO anything."

That is because, my friend, you are brain dead. You only live this life once and I want to enjoy all the good experiences and interesting things that it offers. That includes guns, hunting, fishing, eating good food, drinking good drinks and living and loving. Life has a spice that anyone can enjoy if they want to, even somebody like you John Davis. You are fixated on only one thing - yourself and the putting down of others so you can look good. You can eat and drink the blandness of life all you want to. I choose to sample and taste and enjoy mine.

Remember the story of Ebeneezer Scrooge? There aren't any Christmas ghosts for you John. Only a life of emptiness and regret and nothing to look forward to when your life ends.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Rika is absolutely correct. You screwed up the first half of your life and your determined to make yourself ruin the second half of your life. I read a book called "The Art of Growing" 25 some odd years ago. One statement that always stuck in my mind was "Your parents made you what you are, if you stay that way, it's your fault". I've owned a P-38, S&W M39, M59 before and frankly I've always returned to the single action auto. I prefer it, but I'm not going to slam somebody seriously for their choice of a plastic pistol, otherwise known as combat tupperware that is dishwasher safe! If they feel good with that type of firearm, good for them. I can only inform them of the knowledge that some handguns have 90 years combat experience where other guns are built to be carried and not fired alot and have limited combat experience!

Personally I have only 1 regret! While in the Middle East I never took the opportunity to ride a camel!! That actually pisses me off. We choose our firearms based on OUR knowledge and OUR experience. If you choose to limit your life experiences thats your fault. Life should be one big adrenalin rush. At times mine has been :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
LOFL

well, I for one can appreciate this type of thinking because it certainly gets down to a minimal amount of weapons to cover many bases. Posts like this appeal to me because of money shortage, lack of space and lack of time needed to get good with a bunch of weapons while still mainting any semblance of a balanced lifestyle.

I can see how some get distracted on some of the languages and how they take some language as inflamatory... funny, that post kind of sums of GK's philosophy as a whole how I understand it.

As far as fun goes... we've had this discussion before. If you look at an engineer and he spends his off time writing lines of code for a game, it might seem totally mind numbing and a life devoid of fulfillment. But... if he's having fun in his own way...

cheers

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have many principles about guns and how I live my life, John. Mine are just quite different than yours. You stick to your principles and I will stick to mime.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
krept said:
As far as fun goes... we've had this discussion before. If you look at an engineer and he spends his off time writing lines of code for a game, it might seem totally mind numbing and a life devoid of fulfillment. But... if he's having fun in his own way...

cheers
I know all about code and if a person gets joy in doing that sort of thing - or even what gunkid does - then I have no problem with it. Its only when that person puts other people down for what they enjoy that we clash.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Krept, I don't knoiw if you bothered reading it before, so here it is again:
GK has some good ideas, his implementation sucks.

yeah, minimal gun battery is good. So he wants a shorty AR, single shot 20-gauge, a cobbled up, overloaded pistol, and an unreliable rimfire pistol. OK, fine.

Yet the same thing could be accomplished with an SKS (less money, more range thant he shorty AR), single shot 12 gauge (they make light loads if you are too weak for full-power stuff, and 12 gauge loads are much cheaper), a .357 revolver, and a good .22 kit gun.

So WHY does he have to be an asshole to other people about their choices? Most people don't choose PROVABLY unsafe, and inadequate weapons (do a forum search, the shorty AR and Star and hp-22 have more than enough evidence against them), yet he has to rant and rave about it. And that's why he gets treated the way he does. Not because we don't like his choices (although most don't), but because of his total attitude. It's really that simple, even though some don't get it.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Magnum88C said:
<snip>

yet he has to rant and rave about it. And that's why he gets treated the way he does. Not because we don't like his choices (although most don't), but because of his total attitude. [/i]It's really that simple, even though some don't get it.[/i]
It's really that simple, even though SOME don't get it.

M88C - Are you including RICH in that amorphous SOME?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Yeah, it's easy to get distracted by the attitude and when things get personal it's hard to quit. Kinda like Bruce Lee when he developed Jeet Kune Do... reject what is useless for you. I've learned from a lot of people on this site including GK. As easy as some could include themselves in the group that GK paints as lames, I could be included in the "mindless followers" of GK category. Either way, it's ok. The people that have given me knowledge here are the same ones respond to a genuine question from any "group" the same and that, I appreciate.

cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
to each his own. I like 1911's and Glocks own both, like both. Heck I even still shoot all my revolvers. A man needs variety in my opinion.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i almost felt the total 'love' cascading down from above[ :roflmao1:]

although, it was a.. ,quite,[sniff] touching moment!

goddammit-gang, i think a break-through in the hard shell of 'davis's' retardedness, has been 'CRACKED' [big tits ,at the bar? ! a round 'on me '
for all whose drinkin']

:wavey:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts