Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hands at sides, average 1.3 seconds for 5 tries, hit 2 10" gongs, at 10 ft, 5 ft between them, as is readily done with a decent pistol. :) Let's see you make it work in front pants pocket rig, start hand on gun do same thing in 1 second flat, with a 600 ft lb load. The reason you "think" SA revolver is "good enough" is you have VERY low standards of performance.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
IPSC competition times are not reality. Have you ever seen the photo in 'Sixguns by Keith' showing the white haired guy offering his right hand for a handshake. He is drawing a SA slip gun from his front pants pocket with his left hand.

Do you know what a slip gun is andy?

RIKA

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
That's nice andy...here's your sign

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do it all the time. Whats really fun is to draw your baton and strike while pulling and fireing your revolver. The ol' one two, or maybe do a stich in under 1.5 seconds. :nyah:

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
IPSC IS NOT REALITY!! I thought that Ron Ankeny had that drilled into you, after all he really is a IPSC Master!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
So you were shotting SA revolvers to prove this melvin> I will be talking with your PO today. He left me a message to call him back yesterday. It should be an interesting conversation, and this will come up for sure.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
NUTTY JOHN aka SCARECROW andy said:
hands at sides, average 1.3 seconds for 5 tries, hit 2 10" gongs, at 10 ft, 5 ft between them, as is readily done with a decent pistol. :) Let's see you make it work in front pants pocket rig, start hand on gun do same thing in 1 second flat, with a 600 ft lb load. The reason you "think" SA revolver is "good enough" is you have VERY low standards of performance.
Another NUTTY JOHN aka SCARECROW gunfighting fantasy. I think you have read too many, dime store, western novels SCARECROW ...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Thats funny. Noone is even sure exactly how many people John Wesley Hardin killed with his lowly SA's. Most definately more than 30, including soldiers and lawmen. Remember, revolvers have definite advantages over semi autos, and vice-versa. Its a really simple concept; you pick the gun that you like.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Coyote said:
Thats funny. Noone is even sure exactly how many people John Wesley Hardin killed with his lowly SA's. Most definately more than 30, including soldiers and lawmen. Remember, revolvers have definite advantages over semi autos, and vice-versa. Its a really simple concept; you pick the gun that you like.
John Wesley Hardin's body count is; 26 proven fatalities, and 46 alleged.

John Wesley Hardin is a relative of mine, from the Taylor (grandmother, Ann Mariah Taylor, 1861-1933) side of my family.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I should point out that John Wesley Hardin participated in the Taylor-Sutton feud, on the side of the Taylors, his cousins. This took place in, and around the vicinity of Cuero, TX.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
CowardKid doesn't understand that a single action revolver gives up nothing to any other gun in draw-to-first-hit times. A skilled sixgunner can fire his SA just as fast as any other gun, it's a matter of timing the cocking of the hammer to recovering from recoil. SA sixgunners can outrun DA sixgunners. The ONLY disadvantage to SA sixguns is they are very slow to reload IF USING THE SAA LOADING-GATE system, rather than the breaktop system. Otherwise watch out. And don't believe the crap someone will spout about autoloader reload times, fumbling the magazine happens a LOT more often than people think, and no, you don't carry a gun with a 3/4" magwell attached to the butt, that's a gamer's gimmick.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
James Butler Hickock once killed three armed men with a Colt .36 percussion "Navy." The place was a saloon and the witnesses said the three shots were so close together "They sounded almost as one." All three men were shot in the head and were dead before they hit the floor.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
A single action revolver is a fast and deadly weapon in the hands of a man (or a woman) who knows how to use it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
IIRC J. W. Hardin carried Colt "Thunderer's" which were double action, and not single action. I may be wrong, but do not think so.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Gunkid, may I remind you of a match that I shot last summer, quote, unquote

I shot a handgun match this weekend and during one of the stages I was shown the results of good shot placement. The match organizer had his steel match organized as either a Cowboy Action match or a Speed match, I went Cowboy action. During one stage you had to engage 8 steel reactive targets, fastest time won. Starting with both my Vaqueros loaded and hands in the classic surrender position, I cleaned the stage in 11 seconds and change. What amazed me was that a close friend who years ago was on the Saskatchewan IPSC Gold Team who was shooting a Gov't Model in .45 w/ optical sights using 155 grain bullets took 20 plus seconds. He shot low and some targets took up to 4 hits to go down. Shot placement counts more than the type of firearm that your using.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Stillwater,

Stupekid once called himself 'Hardin' as his handle. Shows you what a wannabee he really is. He knows shit about quick draw and SAA.

Half elf,

You are thinking about 'Billy the Kid' (I was never impressed with him.) That's what he carried.

Hardin usually used a brace of Colt peacemakers in a vest he had made. Looked like one of those cowboy vest with sholder holsters sewed into them. He first started out with cap-n-ball revolvers, but when the Model P came out, he went to that (unlike Hickock.) Hardin also carried a derringer after he got out of prison and started being a lawyer in El Paso.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My bad, thanks for the correction. Even the best of us can make a mistake? every once in a while.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
DJetAce said:
Stillwater,

Stupekid once called himself 'Hardin' as his handle. Shows you what a wannabee he really is. He knows shit about quick draw and SAA.

Half elf,

You are thinking about 'Billy the Kid' (I was never impressed with him.) That's what he carried.

Hardin usually used a brace of Colt peacemakers in a vest he had made. Looked like one of those cowboy vest with sholder holsters sewed into them. He first started out with cap-n-ball revolvers, but when the Model P came out, he went to that (unlike Hickock.) Hardin also carried a derringer after he got out of prison and started being a lawyer in El Paso.
You are right on all three counts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts