Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with an enfield, like can be done with the AR. 5m apart, 12"x24". Lets see you react, raise rifle and hit the first one in 1.2 seconds, too. :) With only .6 sec between hits, if you see them first, it might be feasible to hit a 3rd one before he can react to the shots and do anything to prevent your hitting him. In the bipod-prone, the next hit is more like .4 second, so guy number three is almost certainly going to be hit, and probably guy number 4 as well. with a can in place, so they can't tell where cover is, guy number 5 is quite likley to be hit, too, maybe even #6. that's a lot of casulties for a group of less than 15 in number. About half as much hurt can be put on them, just as quick and easy, at 200m, too. 2-3 casulties ruins a group of 4-6 guys as being much of a threat, and quite often changes the minds of as many as 10 more, about wanting to hang around that area, pursue THAT shooter, etc. :)

Just look at 150 Marines in Iraq. ONE sniper holding back ALL of them, even tho the called in Arty, air strikes, etc. Sheesh. guy probably only had an iron-sighted AK, too.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hmmm, I'd like to see you follow up on some of those challenges that you have thrown out and the others here have accepted. The ones that you have run away from and pretended that never existed. Remember, andy?

As for the 150 marines and the sniper, the sniper got lucky. Stuff like that happens in war. You don't have any room to criticize.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My understanding is that the sniper had a 7.62x54mmR SVD Dragunov. Oh my gosh! How could he possibly hit anything with a .30 calibered rifle?...Hmmm.

The Marines are fine and they will succeed!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no kidding? with 100x the power behind them, all the mechanical stuff in the world, they can win, huh. Gee.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
andy said:
no kidding? with 100x the power behind them, all the mechanical stuff in the world, they can win, huh. Gee.
Your post reads like you wish them to fail. Is your anger such that you hate everybody?
It most certainly reads that way. You have not made a positive response to anyone on this Forum without throwing in some comment to try to make yourself look more knowledgeable. You end up looking foolish.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
let's SEE you hit another torso, 100m, .6 sec with an enfield

It sure can't be done with a 10" POSCAR.

But the Enfield guy can wait till the two guys are lined up and with the superior penitration of the .303 he CAN hit those two while the AR man might not.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Gee,I 've never hit a 100m moving torso with an Enfield.....but I HAVE stomped mouthy @ssholes on the move....does that count??? :nyah:

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
Hey dipstick, ever heard of "collateral damage"? The aim of most (not all) military operations these days is to minimize at all possible the damage created to the civilian enviornment, so as not to antagonize the civilians in the area. Fuck, are you stupid? Maybe those 150 Marines weren't able to call in arty, or fast air, or even a TOW-2 crew, did you ever consider that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts