Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I had a problem with sighting in a Leupold Vari-X III scope on my new Remington 597 .17HMR rifle. Just could not dial in the scope to put the crosshairs onto the point of impact.

At first I thought it was a problem with the Remington rifle, but I decided to double check myself and mounted a Leupold/Gilmore red dot scope on the rifle to try that out. After about a half dozen shots, I was plugging the x ring. So it's not the fault of the rifle, apparently.

So I contacted Leupold and the guy responding requested I send back the scope for them to look at. Which I did.

I got the scope back yesterday and was a bit discouraged to see the notation on the repair ticket say "NO DEFECTS FOUND". Rats.

So I emailed the guy from Leupold I originally talked to and expressed this discouragement. Well, he called me today and we chatted for a while. He said there were a couple of things we could do. One is that I could send the scope back, attention to his name, and he would personally mount it on a rifle they have set up for special problems and thoroughly check it out. Or two, he would go ahead and send me a set of Leupold rings and a base for my rifle, free of charge, to see if the rings I had were the cause of the problem. I told him I would rather at this point just go ahead and remount the scope and try it again. Maybe there was a problem the last time with the ring mounting or something, and I would prefer to feel confident that the scope actually had a problem before I did anything further that might not actually be their problem.

I thought the offer of the free rings and base was a nice touch. Definitely above and beyond the call of duty. I always knew I liked Leupold scopes for their quality, but now the obvious attention to customer server ads icing to that cake.

TWO thumbs up!!
:beer:

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I only own two Leupold scopes. The interesting aspect is that these are the two most recent scopes I’ve bought; in other words, once I bought my first Leupold, I haven’t bought another brand since.

I gave one of my kids one of my old .22 rifles for Christmas and went out shooting it with him. After using the Leupolds for the last couple years, it was just horrendous trying to use the Simmons 4x32 on this rifle.

Leupold’s got me spoiled, and that’s a good thing. Good to hear their service is as good as their product.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
they've had a free repair, for life, regardless of who bought the scope originally, warranty policy going back many years. It's paid off handsomely, because once you've experienced it, and their brilliant optics, you are very happy to tell all other scope makers to take a hike/.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.