Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever done a head to head comparison between Leupold Scopes and Nikon Scopes? All of my camera lenses are Nikons and I love them for their clarity, but I honestly have never even given a thought to using their scopes on my guns. And I don't have a clue why not. Do Nikons have any sort of resale value?

I think the only non-Leupold scopes I have are the Shepherd on my M82A1 Barrett, and the Swarovskis on the other two.

G

·
does Nikon fix their scopes, for free,

forever, no questions asked, like Leupold does? If not, the answer is clear. get USED Leupolds, never pay more than 25% of retail, and you can't go wrong.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I really don't know what Nikon's warranty is like. Certainly a very good point, however. But yes, I do agree that if you can find a Leupold scope at a reasonable price used, as long as it isn't beat up, you will certainly get all your money back out of it if you decide to resell it.

I am always on the lookout for the Vari-X III 6.5x20x40 scopes. If I can find one for $385 or below, I will normally buy it. I have several of them, and they are just damned nice scopes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Nikon 4-12-44 and have had it for several years now. I use it for paper and hunting, never needed warenty service. The glass is just as clear as a Leupold in my opinin.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I have a nikon on my .338 mag and it is a sweet scope. I have leupolds every where else...

You probably can't go wrong with either...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
My experience has caused me to stay with Leupold scopes. I posted on another thread that I have heard nothing negative about a Nikon scope.

I bought a used Winchester/Miroky 52B rifle with a four power Nikon affixed to it today. Soo, it looks like I will get some Nikon experience now.

The Nikon will leave this beautiful Winchester 52B, and a Leupold 6X42AO will adorn it from now on. The Nikon will move to a Stevens, Favorite, single shot rifle. The favorite needs all the help it can get.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts