Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you have to thumbcock it for the first shot, and that's slow. In the cold, in the rain or snow, your thumb is pretty likely to slip off of that hammer spur (when you are in a big hurry), too. Sure, you can carry it chamber empty, and work the lever for the first shot, but that's slower yet.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Sorry but you have no experience with thumb cocking lever actions. Please comment on the few things you know about.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yeah, but them C&R leverguns sure is purty.

Oh, and if you can't handle cocking a levergun, just stick the muzzle in your mouth and put the chambered round to good use, because you're too stupid and fumbling to live.

Jesus, you cock the damn thing while bringing it on target, nothing slow about that.

·
Banned
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have all the experience I need. Care to claim that you can use a hammer down lever action, and beat the .90 second of the optical sighted AR, for reaction, raise and hit of a 10" gong at 25 yds, from low ready? Same .90 second for V notched Iron sights, on torso at 25 yds, or 1.0 second with peep sight for torso. You need 1.5 seconds with the lever, without a doubt.

·
Banned
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just because you don't even know what speed of hitting IS, you THINK that 1.5 seconds is "fast". Well, try it against the AR, and THREE of you will be hit before any of you get a hit. ;-) Two of you will be hit before you can even fire a wild shot.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Just because you are unable to shoot a lever action fast and accurate doesn't mean that nobody can. The first shot from a thumb cocked LA and a safety on AR will be the same speed. The LA might just be a bit faster.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You will call anything I post a lie so why should I post my times. Illogic bores me.

RIKA

·
Banned
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you claim under 1.5 seconds, it WILL BE a lie. Tell the truth, about 2 seconds, and I won't say anything, except:" I told you so". Not that some guys who REALLY work at it can't get such hits with lever actions in 1.2 seconds, but that's still much slower than the AR's time, and such guys dont waste their time playing with every other gun under the sun. Such dissapation of resources is why I say it's stupid to bother with all the second and third rate guns. Real ability is what matters, not being half assed good with dozens of different guns.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Anyone who isn't a fumble-fingers will not be slowed one bit cocking their levergun from low ready versus a semiauto.

The only advantage the semiauto has over a manually operated gun is on followup shots, which is a moot point if you hit with your first. Hosers that just spray targets hoping something vital gets hit don't understand this.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
I posted this here 06-16-2004

"Last time I shot a man on man stage at a Cowboy action match at 5 targets between 15-50 yds with a Marlin M1894S, starting with an empty chamber and the rifle at waist level, it took me 6.83 seconds to hit targets 1 to 5. While all firearms should be used within their limitations, an armed hostile should never be discounted."

·
Registered
3 Posts
andy said:
....... but that's still much slower than the AR's time....
... And tell us, pray, how do you know that in the past 13 years???? I think many of us would be interested in know how you know that??? A lot has changed since you were shooting, so how do you know now??? LOL Oh, tell us, pray, oh mighty ego!!!!!

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
Got to admit, your a legend in your own mind!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Always willing to call others bullshit aren't you andy, but knowone ever see's any proof of your amazing feats. Not a single shred of proof ever posted, no one would mind, if you didn't claim such obvious bullshit stuff.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
If you've heard of and believe what has come out about his breif and ancient IPSC performance it is even more obvious he suffers from failure transferance.

If you ever heard him use the phrase "missing fast enough to win" you'll know how that originated then.

It's a shame he has not learned one bit.

I think this must have originated when he was in prison and managed to fool a few other cons into thinking he was some high class gunman or something.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
He goes on about the AK safety being too slow as well. If you bend it out or dremel off the little detent on the lever you can flick it down easily with your forefinger as you raise it into the eyeline.

Not as ergonomic as the thumb safety on the AR, but not really slower, either.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The AK must be too mechanically sophisticated for andy to work on. Either that or the weapon's "big bang bang aura" still scares him though the weapon is unloaded.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,768 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts