Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on light loads for 243 and/or 308.

My wife is recovering from back sugery, I want to start with as light a load as possible, we have already done the 22 thing and are still shooting he little guys. Trigger time you know, and hunting season.

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
I've reloaded light loads in .44 Magnum, .32-40, .38-55 & .45-70 using Unique and when I find the time I want to build some gallery loads in .30-06 using Red Dot. Light loads give you more trigger time, with less punishment to you shoulders.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
A lot of people use Trailboss in the vicinity of 10-12grs with .223 & .308 Win for subsonics in conjunction with suppressors. Lower weight and tangent ogive bullets are more likely to stabilize. Use magnum primers and a gentle crimp to prevent double detonation and ensure that powder burns completely following strike.

Keep in mind, I have not used Trailboss myself and have gone with other options which require more work. I have, however, shot rounds which were loaded as per the method described above.

This link may help you, as it is a table of general reduced loads including supersonic with Trailboss:

http://www.imrpowder.com/PDF/Trail-Boss-data.pdf

Edit to Add: Perhaps you may be interested in looking into a quality brake, and using lighter bullet loads vs. going to a pure reduced load?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I am using my cast lead book, an old lyman book, and have found a couple of loads that look good, will let everyone know the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts