Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my time associating with British Army personal I have noticed alot of issue lightweight kit. Most of it is of high quality and very effective. This is the source for their sleeping bags, patrol packs, and jackets;

http://www.snugpak.com/

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
That's my bag, the merlin snug pack.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Does that thing live up to its temp rating claims, Aslan? I'm looking for a light, summer-ish bag, and that looks to be the ticket. The Wiggy's bags I have are nice, but bulky.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I love the bag, and have not had any trouble as far as it meeting the temp ratings. I think the wiggys are rated colder (I have the snugpack 3), but for size, wt, and durability they kick ass.

I'm thinking about buying a couple more to keep in the trucks, just in case.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Depends on the Wiggy's bag in question. I really, really like his winter bag, but his summer bag seems unnecessarily bulky for what it does. I don't think you can really get around that, though, as its designed for use as an overbag to create a cold weather sleeping system when mated with another bag. Still, for summer use, I think a more compact bag would be the ticket.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Aslan, is there a US source for the Merlin? All I've come up with is brit sites.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts