Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

LIST "outrageous" claims made by me, punks

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  John in AR 
#1 ·
and you'll find OUT that ALL can and have been done, numerous times. Just because lame old lardassed cheapskate plinkers can't make such performances, doesn't mean that dedicated, motivated practicioners can't. It just means that you don't amount to a crap, and hey, you all know that already.

#2 ·
OK,

Im going to the range today, what do you want me to do JD? Name it and if its safe it shall be done. Only restrictionis holster work, they dont allow that at my range unless your a cop.

Open Line saturday I guess; just tell me what you want me to shoot with my Kimber 1911 (.45) and how you want me to shoot it and it shall be done.

#4 ·
I can say with all honesty that I have never made an outlandish claim with regards to my shooting ability, simply because I haven't posted any claims whatsoever; please specify who you are attacking.

Apparently, I don't amount to crap because I haven't spent the better part of my adult life behind bars and have not shot myself while practicing quickdraws with a butchered autopistol. This is good to know, thankyou.

#5 ·
andy said:
LIST "outrageous" claims made by me, punks.
Well, for starters your mode of carry by pocket really sucks and is totally impractical - unless you're dressed like Bozo the Clown. I also still get a chuckle at the idea of carrying an AR 'conceiled' in your pants. Anyone who advocates ditching his sleeping bag right off the bat as 'useless' knows little about 'survival' outside of a role playing game.

Personally, I don't really care how fast you are - or are not - at the range. The fact is that eyewitnesses said that you could draw fast but you missed a lot unless you sprayed lead and you choked under pressure - it was all 25 years ago also.

Not only is such ranting rather boring, about like listening to an announcer at a golf tournament, but it doesn't mean jack shit in a real gunfight - especially for someone like yourself who has a known rep for choking under pressure. A cool head is a lot more important in a fight than being theoretically 1/10th of a second faster than someone else while playing a game with a 'timer' at a shooting range.

#8 ·
andy said:
LIST "outrageous" claims made by me, punks .
Oh where to start. . .

1.) You're in olympic shape.
2.) You live in the Sierras.
3.) You can CCW an AR in summer clothes, in a crowded city.
4.) You acutally OWN a gun.
5.) You can break a board with a kick that someone is holding at chest level, standing on a 55 gallon drum, whilst you start on the ground.
6.) Competition AR shooters, AS A PRACTICE, load their rounds so hot the primers pop out on a regular basis.
7.) A .223 can do everything a .308 can do.
8.) You can reliably hit a person at 600 yards with an 11" AR.

Note all of these are things you said YOU (specifically) CAN (as in currently) do. "Proof" does not constitute that someone, somewhere, at some time did it, it would constitute YOU showing YOU can (as in currently can) do it, as you say you can.

#12 ·
The History of Gunkid

The following knowledge is a collection of years of comments from gunkid;

http://www.bop.gov/

Inmate Information for JOHN MELVIN DAVIS

Inmate Register Number : 84034-012

Name : JOHN MELVIN DAVIS

Race : WHITE

Sex : MALE

Date Released : 7/6/00

The first time I met Gun kid, was on the now defunct “Bug Out Board”. This was his own site prior to going to jail the last time back around ’97-’98 or so. At that time it was his fantasy that if the balloon ever went up he was going to jump on his life raft and float down the Mississippi. Being that he would be in the middle of the river, he was immune from bullets fired at him. His re-supply plan was to shoot innocent people in the back and steal anything they had in supplies so he could survive. The trip was to be from Illinois to Louisiana where he was going to sell his services as a hired killer to any local warlord! He was living in the back of his van at that time and during the winter depended on his Mylar blankets for warmth. Mind you he did ask for suggestions to stay warm. While he was sleeping in his van, someone snuck in and stole the battery while he slept;

-He has seduced his best friend’s wife leaving her pregnant and then abandoning his daughter and if the balloon ever goes up, he has already stated his wife is on her own

- He allegedly had a 2 year IPSC career 30 years ago, still thinks he’s a top hand yet the few competitors who remember him indicates that he chokes under pressure. He boasts, of his prowess, but can't provide any facts;

-He likes to allude to a magnificent IPSC shooting career. There are no records of his exploits. However, there are complete records of other competitor’s scores, shot in the time frame he claims to have been a competitor.

-He claims to have shot in the IPSC World Match in 1977, yet can’t tell anyone who won the match or the handgun used;

-He does believe that IPSC shooting is reality and that’s how life will be if the balloon ever goes up;

-He claimed to have shot with the South West Pistol League in the middle 1970's, yet John doesn't even remember Peter-the-Power-Meter. Ask Hard Ball, he remembers Ol' Peter. Gun Kid knows none, of the old line, 1970's era, SWPL shooters;

-Well, we do know that Gun kid managed to shoot two people. Of course, they were both him. He shot himself in the foot with a .22 then poured scalding water over his foot as he couldn’t afford to go to a doctor. They second time he allegedly shot himself in the belt buckle with a .45. He has admitted to at least a ½ dozen accidental discharges on various boards;

-Gun kid joined/was drafted into the Army in 1971 where he became a Military Policeman. He was shipped to Korea where he admitted that he slept on guard duty and beat the police dog that he was responsible for, went AWOL and admitted theft of government property. He received an early discharge from the Army after 1 year 7 months. He has not divulged the reason why. One can only speculate;

-Gunkid became a world class gunsmith while he vacationed at Federal Correctional Institution Phoenix, they had a machine shop!

-He has been arrested on numerous occasions, once by a meter maid, once his Community Programs Manager phoned him and he turned himself in. He has been a drug dealer and made cheap ineffective silencers. The 13 plus years he spent in jail indicates he isn’t the most successful of the criminal breed. He suggests that the way to be a successful drug dealer is to have kids sell your drugs as they can’t be arrested, same with selling silencers. Another arrest he received for Falsifying a Firearms Statement and Felon in Possession of a Firearm. This lead to the great escape.

-The Great Escape; 14-25 Feb 1990 an escape adventure happened, in which Gunkid received 33 additional consecutive months to his original sentence. The most important question we have to ask is how stupid would a felon have to be to buy a firearm on a yellow sheet. Like a good little convict when released from prison he did a Furlough Transfer to a half way house. He was then involved with a theft and again found to be in possession of narcotics and fled by city bus to a friend’s house to live on a Tang/Peanut Butter diet until he could turn himself into police. He does this surrender thing very well. Allegedly the judge who ordered him into being a “Study case” stated John’s “Flights of Fantasy” necessitated the ruling.

-Gun kid has 3-4 bulging discs as a result of hurting himself while he had a porta potty job hauling and cleaning job. He doesn’t believe in hiking just in case he hurts his knees and ankle;

-He currently collects $800.00 SSI from the US government and allows a woman to support him, yet he complains of others “sucking off the government”;

-Gun kid claims to be the biggest baddest survival guru on the planet, yet:

Gun kid has admitted the following;

1) Can't completely clean an AR which he touts as the “ultimate survival rifle”

2) Can't use a map or compass, therefore they are useless;

3) Can’t understand why people buy quality gear because he looses his during his ½ day field exercises;

4) Doesn't own a watch cause he doesn't know how to use one in a survival situation,

5) Tech knowledge on suppressors is 40 years old, but without a suppressor you will
flinch and miss;

6) Backpacking knowledge is based on fantasy, and has only minimal knowledge of what equipment is required to survive successfully in the bush over an extended;

7) Believes that a good sleeping bag is a waste and Mylar can cover all your outdoor sleeping needs;

8) Tactical knowledge is non existent "The Army didn't teach me nothin"!, and simply declares that everyone that uses a .308 will be standing around in the open all the time;

9) Scared to shoot at something over 100 yds, because after that distance all hits are based on luck and nobody can hit a moving target;

10) Your SHTF kit should only weigh 25-30 pounds, including 4 pounds of body armour and all your firearms and ammunition, the difference in the 4 seasons is irrelevant;

11) the debarked Chihuahua is the best survival alarm you can have;

12) a .223 fired from a 10" barrel is the ultimate weapon and is useful up to 300yds, but only when used with a suppressor because he has a severe flinch when shooting without one. As he has this problem he projects it on everyone else;

13) the assault wheelbarrow is the only item you require to transport your kit if the balloon ever goes up! Things like Trucks, 4x4’s, quads, horses, pack mules, dog sleds, etc are stupid;

14) Planning ahead is a waste of time because if the balloon ever goes up he will survive by cannibalism;

15) Bolt actions are worthless and cannot be used to kill anyone;

16) The short 10” or 11.5" AR is the ultimate weapon;

17) .308's are useless; the rounds bounce off of things;

18) "Practicing with a pistol past ten yards is useless." "All gun fights with a pistol will happen in ten feet or less." "Shooting at anyone with a rifle at over 100 yards without a "can" or muff's will result in misses every time” all pistol calibers required for SHTF should be in wildcat calibres, re-supply is not important as you are too stupid to live past shooting 50 rds;

19) He kills dogs all the time for no apparent reason and they run away when shot;

20) He can prove anything to be true by simply declaring it so;

21) According to him, you are all “stupes” and liars, you've never caught me lying, even when you have, I simply declare that you haven’t;

22) He will bet you 5k on some asinine bet that involves one of us dying to settle, so you won't take me up on it. And if you did take me up on it I will ignore you and pretend you ran from my bet.

Claims he's going to get a website that's going to make him $300,000, $50,000, $45,000, $30,000 a year depending on which lie he's typing at the moment -- for over a year. When he finally gets it up, all it is, is his regurgitated posts, written under a false name since he can't use his own, he's sullied it so bad, and has to have a "guest writer" post articles that are word-for-word the same as the ones he posted under his pseudonym.

The Fallacies:

1.) he assumes he's going to ambush people and they won't be able to figure out where he is, and kill him
2.) He assumes people can't shoot any weapon except a .22 well, because HE can't.
3.) He assumes he'll be dodging and weaving and rushing from cover to cover 24/7
4.) he assumes he'll always be able to pick the fight.
5.) he assumes he can't be forced out of his cover.
6.) he assumes no one has suppressors for their .30 cals
7.) he assumes his suppressor will work (PVC pipe with faucet screen?)
8.) he assumes if he has a suppressed weapon, that the report of his "enemy's" weapons won't effect him.
9.) he assumes he'll have a suppressed weapon (which he doesn't have now, despite his braying and eDrooling, he IS afraid of his PO)
10.) he assumes he'll have any weapon (which he doesn't have now, despite his braying and eDrooling, he IS afraid of his PO)
11.) he assumes he has survival skills (between "the Army never taught me nuffin'" and his 1/2 ftxs, it's doubtful)
12.) he assumes a Mylar blanket is all the protection he needs from the cold, when he lives in COLORADO (although he thinks he's in the Sierras)
13.) he assumes he can move quietly through heavy cover at night

Socially

1) he cannot accept that there are people who know more about all these things than he does;
2) he has almost zero social skills and threatens and attacks any who disagree with him;
3) he will challenge everyone, but will fail to accept his own challenges;
he refuses an all-expense paid trip to watch someone prove themselves
because he’s, well, scared!
4) he believes that a major achievement in his life is how many posts he can
make on a board, topic relevance is not a requirement;

Andy's rules of combat

1) all opponents mill around in the open in daylight
2) all opponents cannot hit without a suppressor
3) opponents are only allowed to use iron sights
4) opponents can only use ball ammo
5) no one is allowed to carry much ammo
6) everyone must be alone because nobody showed up
7) everyone that is not alone will be unable to cooperate
8) attackers will use the shimmy shimmy koko pop (dodge and weave) and you cannot shoot them
9) all random events are 50-50 (ignore 1 in 3, 1 in 10, etc)
10) a hit from a .22 at any range is instantly fatal, even if you take 3 days to die.
11) Maps cannot provide any clues as to where food, water, cities, enemies might be located
12) compass forces you to travel in straight line.
13) in order to use a scope with a mil-dot, you must stand in the open
14) darkness makes you invisible
15) suppressor makes you invulnerable.

#13 ·
andy said:
and you'll find OUT that ALL can and have been done, numerous times. Just because lame old lardassed cheapskate plinkers can't make such performances, doesn't mean that dedicated, motivated practicioners can't. It just means that you don't amount to a crap, and hey, you all know that already.
Ya know, Andy, you are not exactly being the calm voice of reason here. If you go somewhere and call people a bunch of names, and offend their shooting capabilites, why would you think they would respect your shooting capability?

#14 ·
You've missed a few, but there's enough listed to make the point.

Oh well.

GK - you've made so many outrageous claims, it's kinda funny to watch you thump your chest and dare us to list any.

BTW - Garand, it wasn't scalding water he used to treat his self-inflicted gunshot wound, it was BOILING water.

And after shooting himself in the belt buckle with a .45 - he proved that a .45 was worthless and would not penetrate anything.

Don't forget how worthless the .308 is becayse a rabbit he shot in the leg with one didn't die.

Or the one about bedding an AR type rifle and being able to pivot the halves...

of notching magazines to hold his too long rounds for the AR.

:devil:

#20 ·
Which is so much B with a capital S 💩!

Considering about the time I encountered Melvin on the long gone Patriot Network site I had owned an early rack grade M1A and was the then current owner of a NM M1A.

I don't know which one he claimed to have owned but the standard aka rack grade ones were never bedded from the factory.
And the bedding on the National Match ones will sure as hell not melt after only 20rds not unless some schmuck used some cheap filler putty instead of Acra-glass.
I'd run enough ammo through the rifle on the range to know that.
It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get duped by somebody who sold him a fake NM model.

#18 ·
You must admit he does generate discussions

#21 ·
LIST "outrageous" claims made by me

As you wish:
andy;209097 said:
my "swiss army shovel" will be 13 tools in 1 and might well be a big help towards the salvation of the 3rd world, even.
(I just love the “salvation of the 3rd world” comment. And you accuse me of having fantasies…)

Claiming that .30Carbine, shotguns, and pistols aren’t capable of penetrating soft armor:
...most people WILL have nothing more than a pistol, pistol caliber carbine, .30 carbine, muzzle loader, pellet rifle, arrows with target points, .22, shotgun, all of which 5 lbs of concealable armor will stop.
Some loads will, some won’t. Pistol examples - .22tcm, some .357 sigs, 5.7x28, and numerous others. I’ve run .45Colt loads from a 7.5” revolver at 2,400 fps (completely within book loading limits). They would absolutely penetrate soft armor. Heck, my glock 19 will penetrate soft armor when using the .22tcm conversion kit.

Same with .30 carbine. You won’t admit it, but I’ve shown you video of .30 carbine penetrating soft armor, and that was from a pistol, using a softpoint. You really think that from a rifle it somehow wouldn’t..?

On shotguns, I’ve held a level II vest in my hands that had a hole through it from a 12-gauge slug.

On your latest lusted-after wonder-caliber, the 9x21mm that in reality is actually weaker than 9x19mm.
pocket 9x21 hits like 4" 357...
Absolutely cannot; at least if we're talking about full-power top end .357 loads. As I said in that thread:
In a true snubnose, a 9mm+p can exceed a .357 magnum in some cases.
In a 4” gun, a .357 magnum will pretty much always bury a 9mm energy-wise.
The 9x21 has a lower max pressure limit than even a standard 9x19 load, much less a +P 9x19 load.
A maxed-out 9mm+p will exceed a maxed-out 9x21 every time.
To summarize – a 4” .357 revolver is typically more powerful than a 9x19+p; and the 9x19+p is more powerful than the 9x21.
The max power you’ll get from a 9x21 (even with a NON-pocket-carry 4” barrel length) is 450-475 ft/lbs, and that’s with max charges of fast powder with extremely light bullets.
A 9x19+P from the same barrel length can hit more than 500 ft/lbs with the same powder and bullets.
A .357 magnum (again, with a 4” barrel) will often break 600 ft/lbs, and with some factory stuff like Buffalo Bore will break 700 ft/lbs.
So no the 9x21 does not “hit like a 4-inch .357 magnum”. Not even close. Unless you think that 450 ft/lbs is as good as 700 ft/lbs.
The 9x21won’t even match a lot of off-the shelf 9mm+p loads, and will NEVER match maxed-out 9mm+P handloads using the same powder and bullets.
I maintain that to claim that 475 ft/lbs "hits like" 700 ft/lbs, meets the definition of “outrageous claim”. Am I wrong?

#22 ·
LIST "outrageous" claims made by me, punks
I started to list some, but decided to just take the easy way out and post a link to an entire thread on the subject: Per gunchild's request...

There you go John; lots of outrageously untrue pontifications that you've made, blatant lies (things like claiming that 'another' user isn't really you), and simple demonstrably-wrong claims on gun stuff (like a .30 Carbine not being able to penetrate soft armor.

They're all still there, been there for years waiting on you to admit the mistakes and explain the lies.

#23 ·
I wonder where our excitable boy went off to now?
Again, I didn't think putting him in a time out over a profane thread title would get him to leave permanently.
Unless he did something to lose his internet capabilities from home or the library.
Hmmmm.

#26 ·
Maybe he's gone to Russia, to sell his "services" to the Warlord over there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.