Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Local 2 Gun Match last night

263 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Garand 
#1 ·
The local club put on a 2-gun match for its Thursday night league shooting, pistol and shotgun. My first opportunity to shoot my Beretta 1301 Gen 2. I'm very happy, I came 3rd out of 10 shooters. I am amazed as this is the first time that I ever competed with anything other than a pump shotgun. I learned that I have a lot to learn regarding the efficient reloading of a semi auto vice a pump, better ammo placement on my belt and I used an old inexpensive, big, clunky Tasco Red Dot that might be changed to a lower profile Burris Fast Fire 3 in the next few months. That will give me the same Red Dot on both my M1 Carbine and the Beretta. It was a good learning experience.

#2 ·
Sounds like a good time. I've never been a shotgun guy, but the constant feeding is something that is always heard about with shotguns. How does reloading the pump vary vs. the new autoloader?

If they left out the rifle/carbine aspect of a normal 3-gun match due to range considerations, wonder if they could do something with pistol-caliber carbines.

#3 ·
I've found the main difference in my reloading techniques between my Winchester M97 and my Beretta 1301 is that with the location and positioning of ammo on my belt. With the M97 I work better with the shells "standing up" and and on the right side of my body, with the Beretta I work better with shell hold the cartridges "laying down" and located on both sides of my body. I haven't figured out why, but for me it works.

As for PCC's being allowed, you can substitute a PCC for a handgun if you choose too. This is a great idea since within the next few months the government will try and pass laws banning the further sale of handguns up here. It allows an alternative to bring in new shooters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.