Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(post shtf) I'll have shot scores of men with the rifle, and maybe a few with the canned .22 pocket pistol. Out of those scores, there's bound to be quite a few with a pistol that's usable. So why bother to carry a lot of cf pistol ammo? Makes no sense at all. I'd much rather carry another 1-2 lbs of water or rations, something I'd actually have a USE for. Better yet, more spices, garden seeds, salt, antibiotics. Something where a lb more or less of it makes a BIG diff. The added effectiveness of the belt pc (especially using punk assed 230 gr .45 ammo) aint even worth as much as the canned .22 pocket pistol is.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
So, if the rifle is disassmbled in you pack or your pants - both scenarios you have claimed you'd do, and you need to fight your way to some place to reassemble your rifle, you are fubar.

You make a lot of assumptions - it's going to suck if SHTF doesn't go according to the one scenario you have in mind.

:devil:

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
Only a moron would choose to walk as his first option, rather than as a FINAL OPTION!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
" punk assed 230 gr .45 ammo"......????

You'll think "punk assed" when someone shoots you with one.

As for the rest, the very fact that you are carrying all of that crap around with you shows a definite lack of planning.

Think about just one piece of it - you're carrying garden seeds.

THAT means that you're going to have to stay in one spot and tend to your garden for MONTHS. Doesn't that run kind of contrary to the 'eternal wanderer' lifestyle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts