Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battle rifles of WWI (some did) had sights out to 2,000 yards. Optimistic? Pretty much. I think that was mainly for volley fire, not at individual targets. Fifteen hundred yards? Probably the same thing. 1,000 yards? Still poking and hoping, with a rifle. Five hundred yards, and your in trouble. Inside of 400 yards with a Battle Rifle, (M-16, FN, M-14, M-1 or AK-47) and your toast, well done. Any kind of well made pistol, Colt .45, or clones, Ruger .45 or 9MM, Glock or Taurus or S&W, will put a serious hurt on you regularly at 50 yards. This "long range past ten yards" is tripe. My Daughter gets 9 hits with her PT 22 at 15 yards on a Transtar II target in less than 7 seconds. I TRAIN people to shoot at 25 yards that have never fired a pistol in their lives. They qualify. Shooting is about 90% mental, not physical. A standing, or even crouching Human is a big target at 25 yards. Don't limit yourself.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Psst, hey Terry, GoonKid hates it when women outperform him, even moreso young women. Now it might just drive him over the edge, what with yet another girl outshooting him.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Have you ever been shot at gunkid? I have! Hard Ball has! probably a couple of others here also? Please detail you experiences under fire?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have been shot at, in fact I even got shot once. I was lucky. Shotgun blast past the side of my head. One pellet grazed my temple. Got my attention in short order.

As for shooting being 90 per cent mental, depends on what you are doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts