Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I dont think it's worth KEEPING, but if you can get it for $70,including shipping, you can always sell it to some sucker like garnad, and make $40 or so on the deal.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/CZ52_7_62x25_Pistol.html

You might want to check & see if a local FFL will order one for you.Conversly,if your eligable & want it,you might check into becoming an 03FFL yourself.Depending on where you live (purchase permit requirements) it might be worth your while.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I am 16 I cant buy the gun myself, but my parents will usually buy a gun if I have the money and a good reason for wanting it. Basically I want a gun that’s.
Inexpensive
Powerful
Accurate
Fun to shoot
Reliable.
Dose the Czech made CZ52 fit these equipments?
I want another handgun for target practice, self defense and small game hunting.

thax for the link 41-mag great price.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
if u want something else for targets, defense, hunting, just WHATis the CZ FOR,hmm? You don't need power or reliability to plink with, or do research with. Fun to shoot depends upon what you are trying to do. some idiots think that nothing less powerful than 44 mag is fun to shoot. Others consider any centerfire to be awaste of money, cause all they wnt to do is punch paper targets or kick around some soda cans.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
accuracy, especially with pistols, has a LOT more to do with the shottist than it does the gun. I used to use just the upper barrel of a High Standard derringer, and outshoot a buddy with his .45 or .44 Ruger, cause he flinched so badly. His Ruger would group 4" at 50 yds when I shot it, but he couldn't stay on a man torso at 25 yds when he shot it. :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
you'd be ahead to spend the same sort of money on a Star BM 9mm. Very accurate, reliable, fast to use, compact,medium wt, and a COMMON, powerful, cheap to shoot caliber. Check it out at AimSurplus, J and G Sales, SOG Int'l. $140, usually with a spare mag that's worth $20, easy. Dealer cost, of course.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Gun Crazy JR says "Basically I want a gun that’s.
Inexpensive
Powerful
Accurate
Fun to shoot
Reliable.
Dose the Czech made CZ52 fit these equipments? "

I have a CZ52 and say Yes. It fits your requirements. Its every one of those things that you mentioned.

Now, how much experience do you have shooting a handgun? The CZ52 isn't a beginner's choice. Its rather hard to shoot accurately without some prior background. It kicks hard and the ammo is kind of hard to find. Cheapest 7.62x25 I've found and bought cost $85.00 per 800 not including shipping and it was mail order. It was also corrosive ammo.

223 fan has actually offered some good advice. "you'd be ahead to spend the same sort of money on a Star BM 9mm. Very accurate, reliable, fast to use, compact,medium wt, and a COMMON, powerful, cheap to shoot caliber."

I'm not so sure of the Star BM because parts are real hard to get and you could have breakage if you shoot it a lot. I would recommend that you start with a 9mm of some kind. If you can possibly afford it a CZ75 would be an excellent choice and can be had used at a reasonable price. The used 9x18 Makarov cah be had cheaply. Its non corrosive ammo is dirt cheap and easy to find at $85.00 per 1000 at gunshows and theres no shipping charge. I also have the MAK and they are fine quality handguns. Plenty of spare parts are available.

Another option is one of the police trade-in 357 revolvers like the S&W Mod 19. The Mod19 is one of the finest revolvers made.

Don't let all this talk discourage you. You'll find the right gun at a good price if you keep looking. And don't be afraid to ask questions either.

Good luck.

RIKA

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Am I the only one who is concerned that a 16 year old is asking us if this is a good carry weapon, and also that he wants a gun for self defense? I don't recall that it is legal anywhere, in the USA, for a 16 year old to carry a pistol but I could be wrong.

I am hoping this is not some sort of a troll whereby we will all be shown to be a bunch of gun crazed lunatics who freely gave out information to the next potential high school shooter. I am also hoping that we are not giving information to someone who may not be legally eleigible to carry such a firearm.

So allow me to ask: is it legal anywhere in the 50 states for a 16 year old to carry and shoot a pistol or any other type of modern handgun?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Glenn says, "So allow me to ask: is it legal anywhere in the 50 states for a 16 year old to carry and shoot a pistol or any other type of modern handgun?"

Glenn, there are many states that allow a person under 21 to carry and shoot a handgun if they are on their parent's private property and have a signed statement from the parent allowing them to do so. I think that this is primarily in the Western states. I believe that almost every state allows a minor to shoot a handgun while in the presence of a parent or authorized adult.

GC JR says: "Since I am 16 I cant buy the gun myself, but my parents will usually buy a gun if I have the money and a good reason for wanting it."

This indicates to me that he is aware of the laws and is working within his parent's guidelines of firearms ownership.

Glenn, IMO if a young person were intent on shooting up a school he would not be asking questions here. Rather he would be out burglarizing houses and taking whatever firearms he could for his murderous plans.

You're the LEO guy here and perhaps you have some knowledge about this sort of thing that we don't know about. If you do, won't you share it with us? Otherwise, I would have to say that you are greatly concerned about something that is probably quite innocent.

RIKA

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'd go with either Ruger P-95 or CZ 75. I would also be more in favor of the CZ because you can also purchase the .22 conversion kit and save even more on practice ammo; not sure if the P-95 has a 22 kit for it or not.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Just a tad concerned when I see a person claiming to be a 16 year old asking for a good "carry" gun and a self defense gun. I would think if with his parents they would be doing the carrying and doing the defending. Also in answer to your question: yes youngsters who are planning such terrible events often do go online about it quite a while in advance. Their emails have been used as evidence against them in some cases.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying this youngster is doing anything wrong or is about to do anything wrong. For all I know he is a respectful, law abiding, great kid, but there are amber lights flashing because of his post. in other words, what I am saying is that the adults here should exercise some caution when responding to threads like this from minors especially when there is probably not a state in the USA that allows a 16 year old to carry a firearm for self defense purposes. Because of things like that I get that tingly feeling up my spine when someone claiming to be a 16 year old, and using the screen name of Gun crazy Jr, asks questions about such things. It makes me wonder and question what is a 16 year old doing with, or why is he wanting, a self defense "carry" gun. Now that could be because I am a cynic, or because I am a LEO, or maybe because I am a parent, or maybe better yet because I used to be a kid brought up in NYC - and not an angel at that; but whatever makes me ask - I don't think there is any harm in my wondering or my asking if all is right in Camelot tonight.

All the best,
Glenn B

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Glenn says: " I don't think there is any harm in my wondering or my asking if all is right in Camelot tonight."

No, you are absolutely right in voicing your concerns. Thank you for offering further explanation of your thoughts.

RIKA

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In my post I threw in as self defense and carry gun for a few reasons, when hunting I like to have a side arm. The side arm is almost always used to plink can and such when the hunting’s slow ( I carry a .22 ruger single six now) one day I will be old enough to carry concealed (with proper permits) and I was kind of thinking for when I will be older, about the self defense well I don’t carry guns in public but if someone was on our property attempting to harm me and neither police or parents where around then defense would be a issue.

The name gun crazy was made on impulse when I first found this sight. I am actually sane ( or as sane as any one who works with venoms snakes cane be…………joke) I really enjoy collecting guns and age has always be the major disability, but as far as responsibility any one who knows me will agree that I am.
Level headed, I rarely lose my temper
Responsible with fire arms, I shamefully admit I have had one AD ( 30-30 letting hammer down)

And by the way I am not insulted or mad about the questions and concern about my age. It is very reasonable for there to be suspicions when a 16 year old ask about hand-guns.

To answer these concerns when not on privet property I don’t carry. I try to obey the law and be respectful to others ( sometimes its not possible though)

There is now harm in your concerns and I think they are well founded.

Well that’s my $0.2
Peace

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Snakes?OMG not another one!:)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I was ccw'ing when I was just 16, and he's smart to be looking ahead. It could easily be either illegal or RIDICULOUSLY expensive to own decent guns, much less get real skill with same, in a VERY few years.

Quite a few states don't give a hoot about a kid's age, as long as he's supervised by an adult,or on private property with the owner's permission.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
2 states already allow anyone to ccw without a permit, Alaska and Vermont. Others may follow. Quite a few states allow open carry, too, ya know. You can ccw on your own property almost anywhere in the US, or wherever the owner allows you to do so. Not everyone is completely on their own, or concerned about being a politically correct wimp.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Pretty intelligent reply from Gun crazy Jrj. Puts me a bit more at ease, thanks for the reply. As I think you know there was no venom in my questions, nor is there any venom in any of my snakes except maybe a tiny bit of weak stuff in my 2 Western Hognose Snakes (whoops did I just come out).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL--------I don’t keep hots now I remove them from other peoples property, I have kept one copperhead ( northern, A-C-M) my friend got chewed (feeding response) by his eastern hognose and got a slight swelling in his finger........freaked him out a little.

ps. Todd I will look into the CZ 75

and one more thing there was a typo in my last post.

There is now harm in your concerns and I think they are well founded.

it should say there is NO harm

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
isn't there a quote in somebody's signature line, about having a firearm at age NINE? 16 is a LOT more mature than 9, clown.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts