Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a remington 22 cal rifle with a plastic stalk and forearm (mid 70's) . The model i have uses a plastic 10 shot clip. I know the same gun had a tube magazine that feeds through the butt plate.
Currently at a gun club swap meet i came across a stalk for this model 22 with the feed tube through the butt. all other components except for the feed tube and the component that feeds the shell into the chamber were missing. my question is will the parts from my gun fit into this stalk. everything looks the same but i didnt have my gun with me to compare it.
Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not completely sure, but what you have(I think) is a remington nylon Mod 77. I have a mod 66(butstock feed). The 77 I believe is the clip fed model. There should be no difference in bolt components and other internal parts. But I could be wrong, as I have never dis-assembled a 77. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
fuddster01 said:
Hi everyone,
I have a remington 22 cal rifle with a plastic stalk and forearm (mid 70's) . The model i have uses a plastic 10 shot clip. I know the same gun had a tube magazine that feeds through the butt plate.
Currently at a gun club swap meet i came across a stalk for this model 22 with the feed tube through the butt. all other components except for the feed tube and the component that feeds the shell into the chamber were missing. my question is will the parts from my gun fit into this stalk. everything looks the same but i didnt have my gun with me to compare it.
Any info would be appreciated.
Chili WIlli, Check out Numrich Arms Co. They have schematics on the Mod. 66 and the Mod. 77. Note: look under NYLON 66 and NYLON 77.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Never fear, a SKILLED person can take it apart and reassemble it without problems.
Don't be badmouthin' the nylon gun. They're just fine.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Sure, its a pain in the ass for the mechanically inept.

RIKA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts