Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6-7 pages of pics, 12 font, single spaced. Contains all the info of the (16 such sheets) .22 book that I sold to Paladin, plus a lot more general gun-info. Paladin gets $15 and $5 shipping fee for that little manual. I"ll probably enlarge the font a bit, so it might end up being 150 pages. Had to raise the price to $25 for a download or email, $30 for a CD (shipped) and $35 for an actual bound-book (shipped). The bound books might not be available for a month yet, but the CD's will be ready within 2 weeks (I think). For the thousands of $ and hundreds of hours that I spent learning that info (and an equal amount that said info will save you, over the course of a lifetime in the gun-hobbies, survival prep, etc, it's a bargain.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
6-7 pages of pics, 12 font, single spaced. Probably enlarge the font a bit, so it might end up being 150 pages. Had to raise the price to $25 for a download or email, $30 for a CD (shipped) and $35 for an actual bound-book (shipped). Still, for the thousands of $ and hundreds of hours that I had to spend in order to learn that info (and an equal amount that said info will save you, over the course of a lifetime in the gun-hobbies, survival prep, etc, it's a bargain.
I call that BULL SH!T.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
really?

Hmm, are you just doing CD-R's, or are you doing a master and having them pressed?

125 pages (or even 150 with pictures) takes up almost zero space on a CD.

I'm more than a little skeptical, given all the promises on the web site, and the silence when I asked where to send the money order for your wonder bullets...

time will tell.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
Had to raise the price to $25 for a download or email, $30 for a CD (shipped) and $35 for an actual bound-book (shipped).
I know something about publishing and think that you have over priced your download, CD and book quite a bit. That will diminish your sales. You can always lower prices if sales don't meet your expectations though.

Can you tell a little more about your bound book? Are you actually having it printed? Soft cover or spiral bound. There are ways to decrease costs if you want to talk.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're finally getting something into publication. Hows the website coming?

RIKA

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Raider said:
I know something about publishing and think that you have over priced your download, CD and book quite a bit. That will diminish your sales. You can always lower prices if sales don't meet your expectations though.

Can you tell a little more about your bound book? Are you actually having it printed? Soft cover or spiral bound. There are ways to decrease costs if you want to talk.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're finally getting something into publication. Hows the website coming?
RIKA
:rofl: RIKA, you crack me up.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
CDs? For that? More like a 8 inch floppy or a TRS-80 tape. Even Bill Jordan's book had more than that. Even Cirillo's book. I doubt stupekid's book will ever see the light of day (as in 'TP'.)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The CD thing is a bit much. He should probably drop it. Print material gives the appearance of more value to the average buyer.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
The CD thing is a bit much. He should probably drop it. Print material gives the appearance of more value to the average buyer.

RIKA
RIKA cracks me up too -- :) :) :)

Anybody want to bet on the quality, of the manuscript?

Or, for that matter, does anybody want to bet on the quality of the scholarship of the prose?

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I very well could be wrong about this, but doesn't Paladin Press have a "Vanity Press" division in which you pay them to print whatever drivel you come up with and they assume no liabilty whatsoever for the content? You pay for X number of copies, and it's up to you to sell them. Can you see anyone buying a book on firearms from JMD? Well, maybe for humour.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hey andy can I get an autographed copy?

I am runnign short of paper to wipe my ass with.

This should do nicely.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Terry G said:
I very well could be wrong about this, but doesn't Paladin Press have a "Vanity Press" division in which you pay them to print whatever drivel you come up with and they assume no liabilty whatsoever for the content? You pay for X number of copies, and it's up to you to sell them. Can you see anyone buying a book on firearms from JMD? Well, maybe for humour.
BUSTED AGAIN ...

Hey NUTTY JOHN, TerryG busted you ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts