Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Coyote(i have no clue what this is supposed to do) [url said:
http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/orig/akbent.htm[/url]
I know! I know! (waves hand) You shoot crooked people with it!

Just kidding. :D

I love your choice of that AR180. Sweet little carbine.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Coyote said:
This pistol would be a firearm that I would love, to own a modern version of.

This MagLite flashlight would be considered an NFA firearm by the BATFE. However, it would be a nice item for surprising street goblins.

With shark attacks on the upswing, this would be a nice underwater exploration accessory.

This firearm, came along in the early 1970's. This was a fully automatic 22LR caliber rifle, and it was touted as a police firearm. This was the first attempt at designing, and adapting a laser to a commercial firearm. when first announced, the magazine held 177 rounds.

The little thingy under the barrel is the Laser.

This unusual looking contraption is a rifle adapted to shoot around a corners. The curved section, directs the bullet around the corner, after it exits the barrel. Not very succesfull.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
I know! I know! (waves hand) You shoot crooked people with it!

Just kidding. :D

I love your choice of that AR180. Sweet little carbine.

RIKA
RIKA, this rifle is an SAR-180. The AR180 is a .223 caliber firerarm. This firearm is 22LR.

This is not intended as a flame, I just want to clarify the difference between the two designations.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Thanks for the correction. I should have known better but my brain short circuited.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
Thanks for the correction. I should have known better but my brain short circuited.

RIKA
RIKA, you are the most knowledgable woman, about firearms and knives, I have ever seen. Your knowledge surpasses what most men know. I have learned many things about firearms from you, thank you.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"RIKA, you are the most knowledgable woman, about firearms and knives, I have ever seen. Your knowledge surpasses what most men know. I have learned many things about firearms from you, thank you."

I agree Bill. The only other young woman I know who can compare with RIKA is 1911sr.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
The American 180 I actually fired back in 1978. There was a thought to adopting it as a law enforcement weapon for prisons and hostage scenarios. The "red dot" was intimidating, and it was thought at the time that most inmates/perpetrators wouls surrender at the sight of that on their chest. It was a real kick to fire as it had almost no recoil, and you could spray .22's like a madman. Unfortunately, it jammed pretty often and was not adopted. The "bent barrel AK" is a copy of the WWII German MP40 that had a prismatic sight for shooting around corners. It actually worked pretty well, but the barrel wor out quickly, and the sights were fragile.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hard Ball said:
"RIKA, you are the most knowledgable woman, about firearms and knives, I have ever seen. Your knowledge surpasses what most men know. I have learned many things about firearms from you, thank you."

I agree Bill. The only other young woman I know who can compare with RIKA is 1911sr.
Yes, 1911sr is quiet comparable in firearms knowledge. However, RIKA seems more down to earth -- which means a lot to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts