Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW keep it moth-free all summer? Leave it, can you GET it again? Why bother with such a single-use pos? It won't be much help gathering insects, fruit, or rain, and it's 10x as bulky, 4x as heavy as doing it my way, with the Mylar. You HAVE to have adequate clothing to let you sit around at 20+degees F, in order to have 4 season protection, nearly anywhere in lower 48 states. MOST states have enough cold, SOME of the time, that you'd need at LEAST a -20 degrees F bag, or a fire. So I'd start a fire, that's all, in a place and time where the smoke and flame create minimal risks, have a shallow trench under the hammock, inside of the poncho-tent, bring the rocks in, cover with dirt, presto, warm for several hours. repeat as needed, probably moving in between. Just because YOU don't know to do something doesn't mean that better men can't do it, dumbasses.

You can't carry the kitchen sink. Getting rid of the sleeping bag and its cover frees up a LOT of space and wt in the carry gear. You don't GO north, or into the cold, when its wintertime, dumbasses. You go SOUTH.

there will be plenty of sleeping bags, blankets, etc, laying around the dead, just like there will be lots of guns and ammo. So why bother to burden self with what aint needed, hmm? You'll need a can on a rifle a LOT worse, and a lot more often, than you'll need a big, heavy sleeping bag.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Ewww (delicate shudder), sleeping in somebody else's sleeping bag is like wearing somebody else's underwear - you don't know who has been wearing it. :D Remember the little lightweight bag that MRostov showed? I'd much rather have my own and carry it. You'd probably yank a corpse out of his bag and sleep in that.

As far as the canned rifle, I'll just find a hobo with one who's sleeping soundly, make his pointy head go "thunk" and take the Canned POS for my own.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Sure the dead will have lots of blankets, maybe infested with maggots or fleas, or some form of communicable disease! You real aren't expecting to live to long if the balloon ever goes up are you?? :) :) :) You carry your crutch, thats all you have! You aren't even smart enough to pack your own ruck.

Keep in mind, people smart enough to prepare for the balloon going up, are prepared to survive tactically. Something your not prepared to do.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The snugpack weighs 24 oz and change, which is LESS than your two heavy mylar blankets.

You may not have a place or a time that permits the light of a fire or the smoke of the fire. Moths? You don't have a clue on stowing or keeping gear.

Of course moving, finding wood, and digging in frozen ground (you did mention 20 and -20 degrees) At night, or will you do this part during the day?, will be interesting, considering you won't even have an e-tool.

Your way is a one way ticket to a cold, miserable death.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Aslan said:
The snugpack weighs 24 oz and change, which is LESS than your two heavy mylar blankets.

You may not have a place or a time that permits the light of a fire or the smoke of the fire. Moths? You don't have a clue on stowing or keeping gear.

Of course moving, finding wood, and digging in frozen ground (you did mention 20 and -20 degrees) At night, or will you do this part during the day?, will be interesting, considering you won't even have an e-tool.

Your way is a one way ticket to a cold, miserable death.

Tim, don't tell him that. with the TARD freezing, some survivor can save the round he would have to use, to put NUTTY JOHN out of his misery.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Since when does a moth eat a petroleum based synthetic aramid fiber?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
mrostov said:
Since when does a moth eat a petroleum based synthetic aramid fiber?
I was overlooking the total ignorance on his part about what a bag is made of...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts