Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my M-1 Garands started tearing the base off of cartidges and leaving the case in the chamber. My gunsmith told me I need to clean the chamber more often. Numrich Arms does not list M-1 chamber brushes in their inventory. Anyone know where I can get a few new one's? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
do they list m-14 chamber brushes, there the same brush. if not try sinclare, or brownells. i believe they both carry them. then theres always midway, and creedmore.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It sounds like you might actually have a headspace problem, did your gunsmith check it? You might want to take the gun to someone who works on match M1As and Garands and get it checked.
As for the chamber brushes, the M14's looks similar to the Garand's, both have the plastic ratchet, but the M14 has a shorter chamber, .308 versus .30-06. Good luck with your rifle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
M14 chamber brushes will NOT work in 30'06s. Too short. Most of the ones advertised in SGN, CheapernDirt, etc. are for .308s. I lucked out and found the right one (with plastic ratchet end) at a gun show. You will probably half to get the M1 Garand combo tool. Get a NEW one. Some of the originals I have seen are worn out.

I would rather be right and truthful than politically correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts