1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
LMAO! Unregistered u are too funny.Where's CAV?:D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Whats funny is that I posted something similar a couple of months ago.Compared Vietnam enemy casualty vs rounds expended to Desert Storm same stats.Something like <5,000 during Vietnam to 200,000+ during Desert Storm.The main jist of that thread was a different topic but this did pop out there.What I really thought was funny was that this is the first time we've agreed on anything all day.:D
& I personally would like to add the m16 vs. anything else to my"not to be discussed on the internet because all it does is cause a fight list"of topics:beer:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If you want to take it one step farther then lets improve the current state of the art technology so that we can send robots (or whatever)into combat instead of sending live soldiers.I realize that that isn't currently practical but Its something to hope for.No more war is,I fear, to much to ask for.
BTW Clint I think that part of the purpose of the new infantry rifle will be to make soldiers more effective killers yes?Isn't there a 20mm grenade that launches out of that thing?One that electronically,through the individual soldiers determination,knows when to explode?
Well,if the m16 is too unwieldy & the m4 suffers from a loss of energy & an increase in muzzle blast doesn't it make sense to give the soldier a new weapon that works better?& if the weapon fits the soldier better then maybe the soldier builds more confidence & does their job better.Frankly I could care less how much it costs as long as it a)doesn't take forever to get in the servicemens hands & b)works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.