Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some of these from Natchez Shooter Supply, and am very impressed. All my AR mags are old pre-bans; actual GI, but almost all had the older, black followers. Even the few I had with green followers, the follower rocked more than I liked.

These MagPul ones are just incapable of rocking; yet they seem to operate smoother than the normal followers. The “legs” are shaped & fitted to take advantage of the ribs built into GI magazines, and they just can’t rotate at all. Push down with a punch in the middle of the follower, the front, or the back, and it just slides smooth as can be, straight up & down. They’re supposedly 3% teflon, for self-lubing.

Doubt they’d work with non-GI-spec mags, but the little I’ve used them so far, I’m very impressed. They’re an odd color, “Coyote Brown” as magpul calls it.

Paid $6.95 per three-pack, iirc. Very possibly better deals around if you check for them.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I installed the green followers I got from Brownells in my 30 rd mags. They seem to be extremely stable and work excellently - even in the crappy practice aftermarket mags. Wouldn't be surprised if they were made by MagPul for Brownells.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
I've been using them for about 3 years now. I started about 12 months before I retired they work great both from military mag pouches and for 3 gun competition. A few years ago when I had to convert all my mags to 5 rders, I installed green followers at that time they work great.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mistake on my part. I got them from Bravo Company USA, not Natchez. (Natchez was the 10-22 magazines... ;) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts