Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with my pet javilina, as of today he 'nuzzled, my fingers[weak hand,o.k.]
taking food,some sliced pears, he's pushing [2] years old and is all ready a 'loner 'boar . miss colleen and i, have named him "spike" as a baby it was fearless[the size of a tennis shoe, his litter mate disapered, they always do]

but he was different as he'd throw up a thin line of bristles[like a punkrocker
mohawk] and was funnier looking than the others from the herd[28-35]when he was football sized he was backing down full grown javilina in his 'troop'.

when we moved here, ha!i started 'roping' them when miss colleen was away!
and they broke-up/stayed away for about [2] months, the herd was to big and was bound to fracture anyway,now only about a dozen show up regularly

but 'spike' is different, i just ran him out of the garage[he had his head stuck
in a 40lb. sack of wild bird feed[luckaly, no mess]
i believe he would walk through the front door if you'd let him!

he sees us and comes running when you call his name!
just thought i'd lighten the mood with trivial banter
on a tight/razor edge election day!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thats cool Hammer, keep at it, trust takes time.

Reminds me of the squirel that rode around in the pocket of grandads overalls. :D

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
funny about the squirrel.. ha!remember that song about the squirrel that went to church? [very funny]

update, on making progress, with my 'adopted' friend, as i backed my truck in behind the r.v. [stealth] he came a running up, so a 1lb. coffee can of dog food was dumped[he followed me half way into the garage] i went and got a bottle of beer [i'm on a dead line refurbing a rental that a water bed exploded, an they didn't say a word,the mold/mildew in master bed room peeled the 'popcorn' ceiling, so it's total refurb]

anyway, i'm setting on a milk crate having a beer 'talking to this varmint'

an he lays down with his back toward me about a foot an a half away, while eating[he's always 'faced me' untill this evening]

i thought it was pretty 'creepy/cool'
if he would just quit 'fartin'! they smell pretty "funky" when excited/scared

:wavey:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
So, is he a pet, or an eat'um? (not that javelina are that tasty, other than as chili or sausages)

Just wondering

:devil:

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha! havin' the 'herd' and the swimming pool, is a gristly 'comfort'

but 'spike' will be eaten before 'jack'

[Hmmm...there is a CAT named 'nora' that eats nothing but canned tuna!

it might be CRAZY TASTY]

[is my hardcore ***** shining yet?]

:wavey:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Cool story Brass. Thanks. We need something to lighten up around here.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
very cool.

I've been living out here for about 8 years and have yet to see a jav in the wild.

cheers

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thought i'd drag/rake some bones on an UPDATE!
SEEMS OL' 'SPIKE' HAS THROWN A LITTER OF [4] PIGGLETS[2]monthes ago![about?]
hell, they are damn ner half grown, and when i backed in to the 'truck-berth'
they came a runnin' up like 'heel-hounds' [in fact i thought it was just like my my labador-retreiver 'jack' happy to see me!] those f*ckers are as fearless as their daddy![i've been takin' care of them since day#[1],,,just thought i'd share :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Congrats Brass. I'll bet those piglets are cute.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
brass hammer said:
funny about the squirrel.. ha!remember that song about the squirrel that went to church? [very funny]
"Some thought he had religion others thought he had a demon
And Harv thought he had a weed eater loose in his Fruit-Of-The-Looms"

That still makes me giggle like a girl when I hear it!
KJ

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:roflmao1: same here! in fact i've got that 'ray stevens' cassette floating around in the cab of THE ford somewhere.

oh,man! the baby piggies were/are 'cute' as ma' and pa' started showing them off to me when they were about the size of a ladies shoe.

but ma' won't let them get to tame around 'me' as when i'm feeding them by hand[and they take carrots/cabbage/potatoes, ever so daintaily] and the rest of the 'troop' is piled-up in a 'hog-jam' she comes over and 'grunts' and they all follow her inline back to the 'troop' :)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hehe, this reminds me of all the raccoons we get around my neighborhood.

Btw, I did have a pet squirrel (2?) years ago. We found it as a baby under some leaves (we just about raked it into the pile) and nursed it back to health.

Come autumn, it had to go. We kept finding the peanuts we fed it stashed in potted plants, our shoes and clean laundry.

We never really decided on a name for her, I wanted to call her Jim (which is also the name of my dog), my bro wanted to call her Rocky and my mom decided on zatchoo, since when she had been let out and a squirrel came to the bird feeder, you asked "that you?"

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
you know? those 'varmints' aren't the 'great-plauge[s.p.]
and are quite ENTERTAINING!

as i recall,[more 'rolled-gold' from the brass-hammer archives]
as i was about[15] years old, out in the WOODS squirrel-huntin' with a full-choke winchester#37[single-shot] 12 ga.
and caught "movement/flash" out of the 'crotch' of a [150] year old red-oak tree AND FIRED,,,FROM FORTY-YARDS AWAY!
what "tumbled" out, was a huge-assed OWL!
[and i recall seeing these HUGE-WINGS spreading out as it TUMBLED to the forest carpet/CRASHING!

when i went [to the sene of the 'crime'] the wise old OWL,,,IN IT'S DIEING BREATHS/GASPS,,,said TO ME!!!,,,,WHY?,WAYNE?![MUCH LIKE YOU WOULD HERE IT FROM YOUR BEST FRIEND! as in it being that CLEAR!]

ALTHOUGH, THAT IS IN THE MINOR-LIST OF 'STRANGE-SHIT' i could post.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
brass hammer said:
with my pet javilina, as of today he 'nuzzled, my fingers[weak hand,o.k.]
taking food,some sliced pears, he's pushing [2] years old and is all ready a 'loner 'boar . miss colleen and i, have named him "spike" as a baby it was fearless[the size of a tennis shoe, his litter mate disapered, they always do]

but he was different as he'd throw up a thin line of bristles[like a punkrocker
mohawk] and was funnier looking than the others from the herd[28-35]when he was football sized he was backing down full grown javilina in his 'troop'.

when we moved here, ha!i started 'roping' them when miss colleen was away!
and they broke-up/stayed away for about [2] months, the herd was to big and was bound to fracture anyway,now only about a dozen show up regularly

but 'spike' is different, i just ran him out of the garage[he had his head stuck
in a 40lb. sack of wild bird feed[luckaly, no mess]
i believe he would walk through the front door if you'd let him!

he sees us and comes running when you call his name!
just thought i'd lighten the mood with trivial banter
on a tight/razor edge election day!
Brass, when I was a tiny young'un I too had a pet wild pig for a while. My dad brought him back on his boat from Catalina Island as a tiny little piglet and he soon grew to be a ferocious looking thing. He was very smart and loyal as a dog. On the property were we lived at the time (in the forested mountains north of Los Angeles) we had a sign up 'Beware of Pig'.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:rofl: :roflmao1: right-on,BROTHER! as thats some 'cool-shit' with yer father!
i KNOW you've enjoyed life, be your self /hang tough!

:roflmao1: "beware of pig" :roflmao1: [too funny!]

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE! as i've been assimulated/ADOPTED into the clan of smelley-varmints
i've NOTED!
1] a breeding pair 'throws' [2] piglets, [2] times a year!
2] the herd is in a constant state of 'flux/fracture' [ha! much like mine sworn ENIMEIES]
3] the 'babies' that only know me as a 'lunch-room ' will follow me threw the garage AND INTO THE HOUSE! these i can pet/stroke between the eyes with my LEFT-HAND!
4] when a 'jogger' strolls past,at the end of the drive-way![@25 yards away], while they are feeding/fighting over food the 'boss-hogs' will 'forget' what the 'squabble' was about and RUSH-FORWARD hair bristlin' a bout 10' and 'point' [the damndest thing, as it's so close to a 'gun-dog' on lock-point!
i almost fell-off my milk crate and spilled my beer from laughin']

'IFFIN' THEY WOULD JUST QUIT FARTIN'![and fightin'! as last week [1] of them took two punture wounds to his snout right under it's right-eye!
it looked just like [2] .45 cal bullet-holes oozzin' blood !] ha! i'm sure it will have 'sinus-problems' to SAY THE LEAST. :wavey:

oh, yes! I almost fergot, they don't 'like' women, or any strangers for that matter! but will come a runnin' when I back my truck up in the yard, and sleep under it! it's truly 'STRANGE' as i've taken to calling them my 'FAN-CLUB',,[boy, can I really pick-them] :roflmao1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts