Arms Locker banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and reliably hit a torso at 100m in 3 seconds. Quite a few can't do the same, 50m, in 2.5 seconds, either. :) A real hand with a rifle, however, has no trouble being twice as fast to the first hit, and hitting 2 other torsos in the above time limits. Being too slow is JUST as bad as missing, when it comes to fighting

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
You would know about missing as you are the only one here who advocates it!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"MANY a man can't reliably react, raise rifle and reliably hit a torso at 100m in 3 seconds"

That's not particulary hard, "MANY a man" just needs to practice.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I think many a hunter would be very surprised by this "fact" about hitting a torso in under 3 seconds...

:devil:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'ts a pc of cake in 1.3 seconds, with an optical sight. Hell, In basic, 1971, I saw guys who couldn't make 3 seconds at TEN yds. :) they'd miss, not get the safety off, get all the way to rock and roll, etc.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Three seconds is a LOT of time to score at 100 yards with a rifle. John's statement would probably correct for an inexperienced rifle shooter, but not for one who has hunted or been trained in the Military. The "fumbling for a safety" sounds far-fetched. The M-16 series of weapons had the most ergonomic controls of any rifle of that period. You flipped a switch with your thumb as you brought the rifle up. Real tough.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
He is smart to do that. Practice may not make perfect, but regular practice does make for a hell of a lot of improvement.

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
Geez gunkid, you only have 6 or 8 days on the range this year. What a WANNABE, I've got 68 plus days on the range this year, including 8 matches. Keep in mind the year isn't over with yet, I'm on annual leave starting Friday. That means more trigger time. You have absolutely NOTHING to smile about.

So gunkid how did you shoot in the Nationals in 1980? 1981? 1982? 1983? 1984? 1985? 1986? 1998? Well tell the rest of the story! Tell us what an IPSC hero you are!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
My friend works on it about monthly. :)
NUTTY JOHN has friends? You could have fooled me.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hasher said:
IT's his invisible friend Harvey.
Naaah. The sock puppet and General Teddy are gunkid's best and onlyiest friends. They always agree with him.

RIKA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts