Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently stationed in MS for the Air Force and will be moving back to MD. I already bought a Walther P99 and it's legal in MD. My question is, from what I understand I don't have to register my gun in MD but I can if I want. So if I don't register my gun how can I prove that I purchased it legally? With a recipt? Also, the gun law are freakin rediculous in MD anyone know any good organization I can support to help change these laws that violate the constitution?(IMO) Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As far as I know you have to register your pistol otherwise if you are found with it your will be charged with an unregistered weapon as a Maryland resident...Not a good thing..You can take it to any gunshop and do the paper work...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see, the thing is I read this website: http://www.mdgunsafety.com/mspfaq.htm and this is what they said.
I am moving here from out of state and own a firearm, am I required to register the firearm? (Note: If the firearm is an assault pistol it cannot be transported into Maryland)
If the firearm has been obtained legally, you are not required to register the firearm; however, you can voluntarily register the firearm with the Maryland State Police.
So if I don't register I can be still charged? Wow that's some BS but oh well, better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
36 Posts
LOL Ok whats an "assault pistol"? Like a mac10 or tec9? Man these laws are enough to make you not even wanna own a firearm...So AKs are a controled firearm in MD..If i buy one in kentucky where its nics, cash and carry and bring it to MD am I in troubles?..The insanity.......................

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea MD has some of the dumbest gun laws ever. I almost didn't want to move there but because of situations I have to. I just feel that the laws over there are so unconstitutional IMO. The CCW laws over there is more crazy. You have to an ex-cop, threats documented against you, or own a business where they move tons of cash. Other than that you can't carry. So WTF businesses can protect their money but I can't defend my life or my family's life?! Damn liberals (not all liberals, just the ones that made these stupid ass laws)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Agreeded MARYLAND BLOWS..........We went last weekend to look for places in West Virgina..I have had it living here....I hope to be out of here by fall...Its open carry in WV..and "shall issue" (unless your a criminal) for CCW..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts