Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my Code "S/42" K98 Rifle . Its Mauser Manufactured at the Mauser-Werke AG. Oberndorf Germany and dated on the receiver ring 1938. This is my favorite K98 rifle and the one often taken to the range. All markings and proofs are intact. LINK: My Czech made Vz24- Nazi-Proofed Mauser - http://armslocker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38236

Attachments

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Looks like the dog is coming to make it his new chew toy...yikes!
That is truly a beautiful rifle. Why is it that the gun manufacturers stopped making functional works of art after WWII and started making things that look like they came right out of Star Trek? Don't get me wrong. I like evil black guns (and Star Trek for that matter), but there is just something almost magical about the graceful lines and subtle detail in those old weapons.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks like the dog is coming to make it his new chew toy...yikes!
That is truly a beautiful rifle. Why is it that the gun manufacturers stopped making functional works of art after WWII and started making things that look like they came right out of Star Trek? Don't get me wrong. I like evil black guns (and Star Trek for that matter), but there is just something almost magical about the graceful lines and subtle detail in those old weapons.
The dog he runs around all day out in the Field and plays. He saw me taking pictures and started running towards me to be nosey. If im not standing around watching him he gets mad at me. Ya there's nothing like a old gun. I always wonder about the stories they tell if they could talk.​

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
But they do tell a story in the tender dents and barbed wire kisses they wear. The wear on the bolts and finishes speak to many firings and long treks through the battlefields of Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Pacific. Their proof marks tell of the national pride (justified or not) that they fought for. I would like to be able to hear the stories of exactly what they saw and did. So much of the terror and gallantry of war is unknown to us as a people. Perhaps if the hell of war was more intimate to the people of the world, we would enter into it more reluctantly.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Beautiful rifle. I had a mint FN mauser with King Leupold's crest on it dated 1950 and in 30-06. Unfortunately I became so desperate for cash that I sold it. I'd give a bunch to have it back.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Great looking rifle.:)

This must be milsurp week.:wavey:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dat's Purty

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Two of my favorite things...good dogs and good rifles.
When I had dogs,I thought about aking them to range trips;but my "big,ferociousbeasts"(Dobies and PBT's)use to jump into bed with me during thunderstorms. Letting go with a few .357's ,loaded on the warm side;would have had them airborne for a while.:rofl:::):)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts