Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the subforum says only front stuffers, but can BP cartridge guns be included also? I shoot CAS and use BP exclusively, and use a couple of original 1800s guns.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Don't know about Rich but as far as I'm concerned black powder cartridges are fair game. I shoot BP revolvers and caplock rifles. Lots of fun.

RIKA

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, anybody else here load BlackPowder cartridges? I load .38 S&W for an original top break S&W safety hammerless revolver, .45 Colt, 12 gauge, 10 gauge for an original Winchester 1887 lever action shotgun, and .58 Berdan for an original Remington Rolling Block Springfield Musket Conversion. I have recently acquired a Winchester Model 1876 in 45-60, and will be loading for that as soon as I acquire what I need. Most of this is CAS related, but I shoot them for fun as well. Mostly now I use a pair of 1860 Colt C&B revolver repros, but sometimes still use cartridge revolvers. I use a Winchester 1873 rifle I built with an original frame, repro wood, some repro parts and mostly parts I made from scratch. I use the '87 10 ga. I cast the bullets for th .45 Colt, the .58 Berdan, and conicals for the 1860s.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's some pics of those cowboy guns:
The long guns

and the pistols

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
hey, gunfixer!!!,,,YER' O.K.!
as that 'blackpowder' although explosive is pretty mundane/'low-pressure'
stuff,,,,AS COMPARED to what the YAHOO'S are doing wit' dem'dar' EVIEL
37mm's under those BLACK-ASSAULT-RIFLES![bloop-tuber-crowd] :idea:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, don't worry, I do plenty of high-pressure stuff, too. The 7 1/2" Blackhawk convertible has seen so many .45 LC loads off the Contender page over the last 20 years that the impression of a cartridge head is clearly identifiable on the breechface. And she's still going strong. :uzi:

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
awesome!!! another 'real shooter/loader' that posts.

[and I mean it , GUNFIXER]

I don't shoot ner'-enuff as my spirit-calls me to, as ONCE the 'ALICE THUNDERHEAD' gets "shut-down/parked",,,I ENJOY THE SIMILAR 'after-glow'

:wavey:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts