Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since they have NO application or meaning for the civilian, whatsoever. Nothing you can do about it if they are being used against you, either. Nothing,that is,that "knowing" more about them contributes-to, anyway. All it is is awaste of time you should have spent making cans or practicing,or making AP handgun ammo.

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
Please detail your combat experience then, we'll talk about that!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Q: So how many "cans" have you made today? How many loaded rounds and loose bullets have you made today? How many rounds fired in practice?

A: None.

So STFU.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hey,I'm going golfing for the first time next weekend!

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
I have a 9AM Tee off time tomorrow morning. The score really isn't that important, I'm getting exercise, having a bit of fun, spending some quality time with other guys I shoot with, tossing around other ideas while socializing.
It must suck gunkid, not having any friends, but remember you are the only one responsible for the decisions that you have made in life.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
223 fan said:
might as well talk about golf as cannons, etc, since they have NO application or meaning for the civilian, whatsoever.
Sometimes it's fun to learn new things. Besides, it may contribute to a better understanding of another topic.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
GBullet said:
Sometimes it's fun to learn new things. Besides, it may contribute to a better understanding of another topic.
I agree with GB. I have knowledge about all kinds of things that I may never use but broader understanding satisfies a craving inside me that I can't explain in words.

I don't golf so I'm going up to deer camp this morning to cut weeds, brush and trees for a path back to my new deer stand. Hope I don't get heat stroke or snake bitten.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
one reason I feel good about learning as much as I can... if I eventually come to the same conclusion that another advises, it's because I've found fault in all the other paths, as opposed to following blindly. This way I can defend my rationale from inception to conclusion, instead of saying "I use this because he said it was good"

plus... research is free, takes a short time if you know who to look to and what questions to ask.

cheers

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Good outlook Krept.

Besides, brass cannons are the favorite pasttime of a lot of guys around here. I used to work with a guy (before he retired) who makes brass cannons at home. He's got quite a selection. My favorite is the one that shoots bowling balls through 1" aluminum plate at 400 yards. Now there's some Independence Day fun!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Cannons are mote fun than golf/ Going after 4000 'massed enemy infantry with 600 cannons is a remarkable experience.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Hard Ball said:
Cannons are mote fun than golf/ Going after 4000 'massed enemy infantry with 600 cannons is a remarkable experience.

You must have some interesting weekends where you live. . .:dgrin:

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
Hard Ball , I still believe that you haven't lived until you've gone Thermobaric !!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts