Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
take, shtf, you will not. If you don't HAVE to shoot, it's stupid to fire at ALL, when you have no help to call upon, no safe base to run and hide in, no chopper for insertion-evac. since you will HAVE to shoot, you can EXPECT the target to be moving, partially-covered, wind and mirage to be bad, fog, snow, rain, etc to be part of the equation (very often) and you will be exhausted, depressed, starving, dehydrated, and dysentric. all of which of course means, u'd better get TWICE as closea firing distance as you now IMAGINE you can hit-at. :) Which means WELL within 223 AR range.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
223 fan said:
take, shtf, you will not. If you don't HAVE to shoot, it's stupid to fire at ALL, when you have no help to call upon, no safe base to run and hide in, no chopper for insertion-evac.
Why do we need a chopper? How do you know when we will or will not have to shoot? Why not give a scenario that actually might make sense. You cannot make a sweeping generalization and claim it proves or demonstrates anything.

Additionally, not everyone will be in the same terrain, or conditions. Again the generalization won't equally apply, nor will a specific scenario. (are you starting to see the fallacy of your statements yet?)

223 fan said:
since you will HAVE to shoot, you can EXPECT the target to be moving, partially-covered, wind and mirage to be bad, fog, snow, rain, etc to be part of the equation (very often) and you will be exhausted, depressed, starving, dehydrated, and dysentric. all of which of course means, u'd better get TWICE as closea firing distance as you now IMAGINE you can hit-at. :) Which means WELL within 223 AR range.
Why do we have to shoot again? Who are we shooting at? The conditions you describe exist, but they are not the prevailing conditions, the majority of the time. But, training is always the key. Just because you don't understand what mirage is telling you about conditions between you and the target, doesn't mean that others don't.

Why is the target moving and partially covered? Are they moving into an area where my range card has taken all the guess work out of judging distances?

Since everyone won't be alone, the scenario and your assumptions won't work either.

Those with proper supplies, proper gear, and proper planning may not have any of the illnesses you assert they will. Of course, the hobo woth minimal gear is far more likely to find himself in that condition.

You like to present these "facts", but you cannot defend them or even explain them.

I beleive that this is where, for the sake of being a drama queen, you hurl some insults, maybe even a challenge or two, or claim that by simply posting something, you've "proved" whatever.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Just proves that our keyboard Rambo has a distorted view of reality. With all this time on his hands, you would think that he would be spending several days or a week out in the field instead of fantasizing about it. Lazya$$es never learn.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Please post a DETAILED kit list of what you have ready to bug out with AT THIS MINUTE!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
223 fan said:
... If you don't HAVE to shoot, it's stupid to fire at ALL, when you have no help to call upon, no safe base to run and hide in, no chopper for insertion-evac. ...
Yeah, base was eight miles away and I didn't have a radio to call for an evac chopper. I waited all afternoon but no chopper came for me. Finally, in despiration I climbed down from the deer stand and drove home. :cool:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Tard, you are so wrong and off about this subject, I just don't know where to begin. I'll just leave it with this... you are totally ignorant on the matter and you really shouldn't be talking about it.

Mike

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hard Rock - Did you see my query in another thread about that reworked BAR put out by Armstech? Have you ever fooled with one? They're telling me $8,000 for a complete scoped rifle.

Regards,
Jon

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hard Rock said:
Didn't see it... I haven't played with one... yet...

Mike
Well, then you're just 'bout as useless as boobs on a bull, then, ain'tcha?

:poke:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he is, regardless of what he CLAIMS to have done. You could take SEVERAL interesting courses of shooting instruction, both pistol and with your CAR, for that kind of $. John, there is no WAY a $500 (used) BAR, and a $500 scope (used) and a what little smithng NEEDS to be done to a BAR add up to more than $1500. those bozos are just trying to rape your wallet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts